View Single Post
Old 1st March 2011, 03:51 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Making IDN gTLD's Attractive and Safe-Tina Dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDam View Post
So because I am no longer at ICANN staff I am not allowed to speak my mind about IDN gTLDs? :-)

I am doing it for one reason only and that is that I am concerned about translated-gTLDs being operated by different registries - thus creating confusion among users.

Members on IDNforum have for a while now been requesting [your-domain-name].[translated-gTLD] - well obviously that is not possible unless the translated-gTLD is operated by the same entity....

Its a problem. Where do we draw the line between variants and translations...I don't see it.
Absolutely, which is why it should have been made patently clear from Day One that existing TLD owners would be entitled to their in all the Translits and Translations of their extension, and what's more they should get it at a reasonable price.

Instead 10 years on and 99% of the domain industry are still hanging on for Real IDN.

Who exactly do we have to thank for that happy set of circumstances?