Thread: Thai psychology
View Single Post
Old 21st March 2011, 08:51 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: Thai psychology

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Will you try doing the deal through a prĂȘte-nom / proxy agent ?

I'm quite surprised about that attitude. And, did they mean foreigner, or white-foreigner, westerner perhaps ? Do you think they would have sold to a Chinese man for example ?
Good questions!

1) No I wouldn't try and buy through a proxy. If someone doesn't want to deal with me because I am foreign, I don't want to deal with them, either personally or via proxy.

2) I'm not sure. I guess an Asian dude would have a better chance of doing a deal, but how much more, really no idea.

But like I say, I guess very few people on this forum will want to buy Thai domains from Thais, but quite a few will want to sell to Thais. So I am more interested in Thais attitude to buying from foreigners, whether Asian or western.

I'll be sure to ask my Thai friends when I get back next month. My gut says "Thais want Thai domains for Thai people" so won't have a problem buying from foreigners but I'm not sure at all. Thais might resent foreigners owning in the first place, and also not like the idea of having Thai funds going abroad ....

If they do have a problem buying from foreigners I might have to start writing all my emails in Thai ?!?