Thread: Thai psychology
View Single Post
Old 21st March 2011, 09:54 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: Thai psychology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Hmmm...

If they are so patriotic, why haven't they bought more and particularly their own cctld?
I think it is mostly just the thought of "Thai property" (to them) being in the hands of foreigners.

Like I said, foreigners can't own land in Thailand, Thais would rather have land plots sitting empty than sell to foreigners. That is similar to unregged domains I guess.

Very few Thais bother with their own ccTLD. It has historically been a PITA in terms of restrictions, cost etc. The IDN version is no better. Thailand is a .com shop for most Thais. And of course you have to be Thai to register .th names so Thais don't have to worry that foreigners will get their hands on them.

More Thais will buy .coms in Thai when the .com is converted to .คอม

Last edited by domainguru; 21st March 2011 at 10:02 PM..