View Single Post
Old 27th March 2011, 07:57 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: วิธี จดโดเมนเนมภาษาไทย

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer View Post
"ICANN should really have blocked the registration of domains with the use of "เ" being typed twice as Thais always type it with the one keystroke: (แ)"

When I refer to blocking above, I meant that when people try to register anything typing "เ+เ", their system should block such registration and automatically encode it using the punycodes for "แ", exactly the same scenario with how ํ+า is actually blocked from being registered with different punycodes and the correct punycode version for "ำ" is actually used for domain registration.

I have noticed a few people already registered a few domains incorrectly using "เ+เ" when the correct versions of such domains containing "แ" were registered much earlier. This really creates problems for people who registered their domains correctly with imposters registering visually identical looking domains and confusing the Thai public which could also lead to phishing. Not sure how ICANN allowed this in the first place and why they are not fothcoming in correcting something pretty simple as quickly as they can.
ICANN doesn't control this - the IETF does. Maybe nobody in NECTEC or wherever contributes to the IETF IDNA list. I've never seen Thai contributions there and I read it almost every day for about 4 years ....