View Single Post
Old 27th March 2011, 08:05 PM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough
Re: Japanese daily average revenue trend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Both of these, show the huge trend in traffic on single character domains, which is one of the reasons our Arab Traffic is so high. Do they convert at the same rate as Generics? Well No. Does it matter? The answer there is also No, because despite a lower conversion rate, they still head the revenue charts.
I don't have that many single character domains myself. Most of my portfolio is generic with a sprinkling of brandable/single character Kanji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
I think more people would share viewer or revenue stats if they knew how to produce them quickly. Can you share the steps needed to produce the graph?
There isn't really that much to it. I dropped the data into Excel and then inserted a chart into the spreadsheet. Just click on Insert and then Chart. You can highlight specific data you wish to chart before you create it if you want to only graph a certain portion of your work.

The chart wizard gives you lots of options to play with so the first time may take a bit longer but after that you can make them quickly.

I chose a slightly 3d type for this one purely for aesthetics. A flatter type of graph will display the data more faithfully but wouldn't be as attractive.

Getting the chart into my post is a bit of a kludge. I did a screen capture, cropped it in Photoshop and then uploaded it to imageshack who gave me a url to insert into the post. I'm sure there is a way to export the chart as a jpg from Excel directly but I couldn't find it.

I would be interested in plotting some other factors against this graph if I had a good source for data. I think it would be interesting to see how browser share has grown over the same period of time.