IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:40 PM
мембер

glow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished road
About IDNForums and IDNForum.com

I had no plans to create a forum rivaling the IDNForums.com. I just placed a redirect from IDNForum.com to IDNForums.com.
But currently no one knows anything about it’s fate, it’s all highly uncertain, we don’t know what tomorrow will bring and admin is not willing to explain us the situation.

Forum members decided to leave IDNForums and create a new forum, where, as I understand, everything will not be depending on one single person. (VB forums can have multiple administrators).

Wish IDNForums would stay the same, like it was in the very beginning, but looks like that is no longer possible.

I’ll send a link to this post to Olney, I think it would be a good thing if he showed up here.

I’m ready to remove the redirect and launch a new project on idnforum.com, together with you.

I don’t want to disorient people by having 2 forums, IDNForums.com and IDNForum.com. This could push people away from IDN, especially after the “phishing” accidents.

IDNForum vs IDNForums would be very dumb!

That’s why I want all forum members to voice your opinion about the proposition JacksonM (ROSS) made, especially those members who are not willing to move to the new forum with new administration.

Also I think that it would be very stupid of me to give away the domain name to another person, who is at the same risk of death or sudden stardom or whatever can make a person forget his old friends
What would you say if I gave the domain name to the person who would disappear like for example Olney did?
You’d say that I was stupid for doing that, and that it’s all my fault.

I can see several ways to solve the domain problem
here:

I can renew it for the next 5 years and create a sub account to give to the administrators of the new forum, so they could control it.

Or we could use fusu.com, so everyone can be a part owner of a domain and have his own part that one could later sell. (But fusu.com has to be checked if it’s reliable enough and if it’ll suit our needs.)

If decision to launch IDNForum.com will go through, then out of respect for the people who will be working on the forums and out of respect for it’s members, I won’t do anything to cause any harm to the new forums, like selling the domain name.

Of course I want to bring back the friendly atmosphere we had here at the beginning, I want us all to gather together at a convenient for the most of us place.
Old 22nd April 2008, 01:04 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough
Re: About IDNForums and IDNForum.com

Have you read this thread? Any comments?
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1790...new-forum.html
Old 23rd April 2008, 03:06 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

If you think you can create a successful forum for our community, go ahead and do it. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glownames
I had no plans to create a forum rivaling the IDNForums.com. I just placed a redirect from IDNForum.com to IDNForums.com.
But currently no one knows anything about it’s fate, it’s all highly uncertain, we don’t know what tomorrow will bring and admin is not willing to explain us the situation.

Forum members decided to leave IDNForums and create a new forum, where, as I understand, everything will not be depending on one single person. (VB forums can have multiple administrators).

Wish IDNForums would stay the same, like it was in the very beginning, but looks like that is no longer possible.

I’ll send a link to this post to Olney, I think it would be a good thing if he showed up here.

I’m ready to remove the redirect and launch a new project on idnforum.com, together with you.

I don’t want to disorient people by having 2 forums, IDNForums.com and IDNForum.com. This could push people away from IDN, especially after the “phishing” accidents.

IDNForum vs IDNForums would be very dumb!

That’s why I want all forum members to voice your opinion about the proposition JacksonM (ROSS) made, especially those members who are not willing to move to the new forum with new administration.

Also I think that it would be very stupid of me to give away the domain name to another person, who is at the same risk of death or sudden stardom or whatever can make a person forget his old friends
What would you say if I gave the domain name to the person who would disappear like for example Olney did?
You’d say that I was stupid for doing that, and that it’s all my fault.

I can see several ways to solve the domain problem
here:

I can renew it for the next 5 years and create a sub account to give to the administrators of the new forum, so they could control it.

Or we could use fusu.com, so everyone can be a part owner of a domain and have his own part that one could later sell. (But fusu.com has to be checked if it’s reliable enough and if it’ll suit our needs.)

If decision to launch IDNForum.com will go through, then out of respect for the people who will be working on the forums and out of respect for it’s members, I won’t do anything to cause any harm to the new forums, like selling the domain name.

Of course I want to bring back the friendly atmosphere we had here at the beginning, I want us all to gather together at a convenient for the most of us place.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 23rd April 2008, 06:11 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Have you read this one?

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1790...new-forum.html