IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2008, 05:58 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough
A new burrow for IDNers

I think MJ's proposal to create a new forum has been gathering serious steam in the last two days. The threat of his success, however, has brought out the foxes, to the point now where the proposal is in risk of being derailed through division and confusion.

Here are the options as I see them:

1. Anyone who owns an existing forum (whether that be IDNforum.com, DNlocal.com, or indeed IDNtraders.com), and is willing to do what it takes to make their one the premier forum for IDNers (such as by installing VBulletin, or to stop forwarding it to here in the case of IDNforum), then by all means do it.

2. If MJ is garnering enough support to establish a new forum using his own domain name, then all power to him.

3. If someone is willing to donate their current domain name (like Glow's) or forum (like RD's) to a community-owned set-up, good luck to you. I can't imagine how you will sort out who ultimately owns it or who should be in charge of it, but it sounds like a nice ideal.

4. If someone is willing to buy IDNforums.com off Olney, then by all means do it, but do so quickly.

I don't think any option will get the full support of members here, simply because there are too many personality clashes. With little chance of consensus, I'm happy to support the person who makes the first move.

IDN.enterprises - buying, selling, brokering IDNs
Old 22nd April 2008, 06:22 PM

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A new burrow for IDNers

The new forum is being setup as we speak.

More details to come.

Old 22nd April 2008, 06:25 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Well I can tell you that I have been bounced into proceeding with the migration of DNLocal.com. I am not sure at this stage whether that is the final solution or whether we move to the next level and get a more kick arse address, but I would think Jose will have it up in the latest version of VB in fast order.
Old 22nd April 2008, 07:10 PM

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry, Jay. Of course others get their ass into gear at the notice of action by others.

I got a serious amount of folks with me now, not updating the status page anymore though. I am just editing this vb setup now. It should be up soon.

Old 22nd April 2008, 11:57 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
Don't worry, Jay. Of course others get their ass into gear at the notice of action by others.

I
Anyone in particular?