View Single Post
Old 15th April 2011, 05:26 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: Interesting SEO thread on SearchEngines.ru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
Here's the million dollar question... if the so called Panda update from Google affects idn too, then the benefit of exact match might go before we can even leverage it.

And I could see why G would remove the seo points for exact match domains, afterall with the flood of new TLDs coming, there will be many new exact match domains.

I profess to know nothing on SEO, am keen to hear others opinions.
New TLDs won't have a big impact on Google thinking. Google factors in many things, it is very sophisticated, its why you never see .ws domains at the top of the rankings, or even .biz or .bz for that matter.

BTW, Panda looks like a great update to me, and yet another reason why I keep banging the drum of "if you are going to develop, develop real sites, not mini-sites, "random" text sites or other bs" ..... because ultimately, its the only way Google will rank you in the near and distant future. From Matt Cutts:

----------
This update is designed to reduce rankings for low quality sites—sites which are low-value add for users, copy content from other websites or sites that are just not very useful. At the same time, it will provide better rankings for high quality sites—sites with original content and information such as research, in-depth reports, thoughtful analysis and so on."
-----------

Bravo!

Last edited by domainguru; 15th April 2011 at 05:36 PM..