IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2008, 08:57 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough
You have to be kidding me!- US inflation rate does include Food or Fuel?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...71-664,00.html

What kind of Micky Mouse Economy are they running over there!
Old 28th April 2008, 09:40 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: You have to be kidding me!- US inflation rate does include Food or Fuel?

Yup, seems my crystal ball was working well...see post # 7. :p

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1721...e-shitter.html
Old 28th April 2008, 09:47 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

The latest news seems even more gloomy.

Opec President seems to be predicting Oil at $200 a barrel, and it looks like the first quarter is going to remain positive because US companies did not cut back on production so inventories have gone through the roof. This massages the figures, but actually makes the whole situation even more fragile.
Old 29th April 2008, 03:51 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

The gulf arabs got all the leverage, china's still subsidizing oil, and gasoline is still too cheap for american SUV drivers.

Guess where's all the money flowing to the next 20 years? LOL.
Old 29th April 2008, 04:51 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
The gulf arabs got all the leverage, china's still subsidizing oil, and gasoline is still too cheap for american SUV drivers.

Can you even imagine what it is like in Baku right now!
Old 29th April 2008, 11:44 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring

Canada...the new #1 oil supplier to the USA.
Now that oil is over $100 they are full throttle mining the oil sands.
Things are about to get started back up with oil shale in the US.
IMO watch for lots of spending into new technology now that oil ain't gonna be cheaper for a few decades.
Old 29th April 2008, 01:10 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Now that oil is over $100 they are full throttle mining the oil sands.
Things are about to get started back up with oil shale in the US.
IMO watch for lots of spending into new technology now that oil ain't gonna be cheaper for a few decades.
Maybe but a lot of industrial operations that are not based on the frugal use of resources are going under. There is going to be a massive scaling down of some operations and the US internal air carriers are likely to take some of the brunt of this.

Car manufacturers that are not geared up to produce fuel efficient cars are really going to continue to struggle. Toyota and other Japanese companies are light years ahead of the US on both fuel economy and alternative technologies.

It is impossible for the US to justify the amount of the World resources it has been squandering when three quarters of its economy is about retail and much of that is about buying imported goods. The US has some strengths especially in the IT sector but these are not currently big enough to carry the dead weight of the rest of the economy. Wall Street and Finance has been a huge money spinner, but that is and will continue to take a hammering. They just cannot hang all their clients out to dry and expect them to come back with fresh business.
Old 30th April 2008, 12:42 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Let's sing the Canadian anthem.

"O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee"

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 2nd May 2008, 12:27 AM

kenne is an unknown quantity at this point

Why does China subsidize gas btw?

My wife has a proposal:
Every oil importer countries should join to form an OPIC (Oil/Petro Importing Countries) cartel with joint policy of charging 30+% gas tax with the revenue going to alternative energy or anything but oil.

This way OPEC can manipulate supply, OPIC can manipulate demand. OPEC can have more fun predicting price of oil:p
Old 2nd May 2008, 03:14 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenne
Why does China subsidize gas btw?

My wife has a proposal:
Every oil importer countries should join to form an OPIC (Oil/Petro Importing Countries) cartel with joint policy of charging 30+% gas tax with the revenue going to alternative energy or anything but oil.

This way OPEC can manipulate supply, OPIC can manipulate demand. OPEC can have more fun predicting price of oil:p

Most developing countries subsidize gasoline to some extent. China only subsidizes diesel fuel.

Most developed countries, with the exception of the US, have got at least 30% tax (many are like 100%-150% tax) on gasoline.

The US congress and whitehouse is controlled by the oil companies, so they will resist any taxes that will reduce their profits. :p
Old 2nd May 2008, 04:59 AM
Veteran

Which is why the US as a country will remain uncompetitive. To be competitive as a nation you are going to need to get the most out of scarce and increasingly expensive resources. Taxing them encourages this. This is way beyond the comprehension of the right wing, but it will prove to be true.
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:56 PM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

The non stop usa posts continue I see. You are seriously in love with the usa eh rubber? Want to talk resources? The state of alaska (one state) has 1000 times the resources your little dinghy of an island has.

What the hell does the UK do exactly besides sit around and talk about the usa all the time.

Change the name of this forum to rubber dicks 30,000 posts of negative usa economical outlooks and we got a brand new site!