IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29th April 2008, 05:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,574
iTrader: (30)
Rep Power: 630
cdehoo is an unknown quantity at this point
China forces to use more IDN.cn.

According to news from China government site(www.gov.cn),all center government offices ,local government offices should use IDN.cn ,for only 15% of China netizens can write down the English domain name,and no more than 10.Government has already publish related regulations on this.

I think this is really amazing news,for it will stimulate China IDN.cn domain names market greatly,for the power of government example on using IDN.cn is unlimited .
You can check the orginal news at:

http://www.gov.cn/jrzg/2007-04/14/content_582476.htm

ps:
北京.cn

(thread copy from dnforum)
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29th April 2008, 02:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 342
iTrader: (6)
Rep Power: 485
lipps is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Page translation

National releasing stipulated: All government website must use Chinese .CN domain name


Central authorities open-door policy www.gov.cn   on April 14, 2007   Origin: Worker's Daily


【字体:大中小】



The investigation which according to China Internet message center on April 10 announces showed: Only the 15_ person can write the daily 10 websites accurately English domain name.Therefore, department people in charge and so on information industrial department, News Office of the State Council appealed: The national website uses Chinese .CN domain name, and the country has released the stipulation, all government website must use Chinese .CN domain name.(by Ding Guoyuan)





 Related link

· Hunan partial government website function flaw some departments had still not constructed the website



· Jiangxi concentrates the making E-government network platform save on investment over 1,900,000,000 Yuan



· The Shanghai Municipal government office notifies in 2006 the government website appraisal situation



· The Xinjiang government website public collection logo activity will end on May 30



· Will renew the slow information few not to interact Nanchang to notify " the dormancy " the government website



· Chen Qiufa: Vigorously promotion national defense science and industry committee government website construction level





(chief-editor: An Tao)


[E-mail recommendation




【纠错】














Copyright©2008 www.gov.cn
All Rights Reserved
版权所有:中国政府网
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 29th April 2008, 04:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,838
iTrader: (43)
Rep Power: 1592
markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

That is the primary reason that idn.cn can be taken away at anytime by the gov, in the circumstances that the keyword is valuble and related to a governmental service.

This is a very old news (on April 14, 2007). It has resulted in a wider usage of idn.com in China -- the currently advertised idn websites or online businesses at the CCTV channels are predominently Chinese dot coms.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29th April 2008, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,574
iTrader: (30)
Rep Power: 630
cdehoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

You said the words are absolutely groundless.
taken away at anytime by the gov?Never any case!
after you register successfully(15days),.cn is safe reliable!
Even: beijing.com.cn May use by others!


It has resulted in a wider usage of idn.com in China -- the currently advertised idn websites or online businesses at the CCTV channels are predominently Chinese dot coms.

But I see more people also in use Chinese.cn.
In china domain forum,if domainer want use idn to bulid a website,more people must choose use idn.cn.
__________________
...

Last edited by cdehoo; 29th April 2008 at 05:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 29th April 2008, 05:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,838
iTrader: (43)
Rep Power: 1592
markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

"groundless"? you must be kidding. If you browse throuth some old posts here, you will see quite a few reports of idn.cn being taken away after many months reg. Next time when you say something you have to use facts rather than simple imagination or your fantasy.

Yes there are many flippers trying to sell idn.cns cheaply. They do not see much hope for these cns and are not holding them any longer. I personally dropped most my cns that are mainly bought from other domainers for high prices such as boy.cn (in idn format). On the contrast, not many coms are for sale right now.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 29th April 2008, 05:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,574
iTrader: (30)
Rep Power: 630
cdehoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits
"groundless"? you must be kidding. If you browse throuth some old posts here, you will see quite a few reports of idn.cn being taken away after many months reg. Next time when you say something you have to use facts rather than simple imagination or your fantasy.

Yes there are many flippers trying to sell idn.cns cheaply. They do not see much hope for these cns and are not holding them any longer. I personally dropped most my cns that are mainly bought from other domainers for high prices such as boy.cn (in idn format). On the contrast, not many coms are for sale right now.
I know:markits You can speak some chinese,
Why you don't go to china domain forum to ask?
Has not occurred matter !include ascii.cn!!!
In china domain forum never find chinese.cn(include ascii.cn) taken away at anytime by the gov?
Only this english forum reports ?

"you will see quite a few reports of idn.cn being taken away after many months reg"
Because cn domain have 15days check period,in 15days deled,but REGISTRAR not prompt report!
5 days ago,I reg a ascii.cn,1 day ago deled,but dyandot still show ok.Real!Fact!
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 29th April 2008, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,838
iTrader: (43)
Rep Power: 1592
markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Holly crap, I can say some Chinese!
Chinese domain forum? Who has spent the most money there? It's me! no one else. I am the top buyer there.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 29th April 2008, 06:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,574
iTrader: (30)
Rep Power: 630
cdehoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits
"groundless"? you must be kidding. If you browse throuth some old posts here, you will see quite a few reports of idn.cn being taken away after many months reg. Next time when you say something you have to use facts rather than simple imagination or your fantasy.

Yes there are many flippers trying to sell idn.cns cheaply. They do not see much hope for these cns and are not holding them any longer. I personally dropped most my cns that are mainly bought from other domainers for high prices such as boy.cn (in idn format). On the contrast, not many coms are for sale right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markits
I personally dropped most my cns that are mainly bought from other domainers for high prices such as boy.cn (in idn format). On the contrast, not many coms are for sale right now.
boy 男孩.cn this word have reged by chinese
BTW:boy in english is a very good word,
But in chinese,男孩 was inferior that English(boy) is commonly used.
I donot know This domain can make which kind of value website.
gay website?Possibly also good
(because baidu search 男孩,fisrt site is a gay website)
I Always thought that this word is a little awkward(this is only my opinion)

But when you just Become a domainer,buy some not good domain
(not from me

I have also dropped many cn&com(when I just Become a domainer 2006-2007reg)

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1721...difficult.html
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 29th April 2008, 11:59 PM
Wot's Avatar
Wot Wot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,588
iTrader: (30)
Rep Power: 1666
Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

http://idnchannel.com/forums/general...rds-china.html
__________________
红旗.com
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2008, 12:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,806
iTrader: (19)
Rep Power: 682
Giant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdehoo
But I see more people also in use Chinese.cn.
Go see your doctor for your eyes .



Quote:
Originally Posted by markits
Holly crap, I can say some Chinese!


You must be from Singapore like Touch :-)!



All crap!
__________________
@

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 30th April 2008 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2008, 01:18 AM
Wot's Avatar
Wot Wot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,588
iTrader: (30)
Rep Power: 1666
Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Go see your doctor for your eyes .







You must be from Singapore like Touch !




All crap!
My you are so eloquent - and do I detect a soupçon of pique.
__________________
红旗.com
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2008, 01:34 AM
dusty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: US
Posts: 177
iTrader: (11)
Rep Power: 475
dusty is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdehoo
You said the words are absolutely groundless.
taken away at anytime by the gov?Never any case!
after you register successfully(15days),.cn is safe reliable!
Even: beijing.com.cn May use by others!
.
I have had chineseidn.cn taken after 3 months. I think that might be the time they are taking to evaluate new regs these days. I have not heard of one beyond that. If you know the Chinese system then you know .cn is more risky than .com

At this time I am not putting any investment into my IDN.cn domains because I do not trust they will not be taken away. I assume others feel the same way and that is part of the reason .com will most likely continue to dominate.

My best IDN are .cn so I am certainly for them, but too risky for big investment development at this time.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2008, 01:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,806
iTrader: (19)
Rep Power: 682
Giant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
My you are so eloquent - and do I detect a soupçon of pique.
You're upgrading yourself to a challenger now after your 60 birthday? Bring it on, show me what you have.
__________________
@

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2008, 01:58 AM
Wot's Avatar
Wot Wot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,588
iTrader: (30)
Rep Power: 1666
Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
You're upgrading yourself to a challenger now after your 60 birthday? Bring it on, show me what you have.

__________________
红旗.com
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2008, 04:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,574
iTrader: (30)
Rep Power: 630
cdehoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty
I have had chineseidn.cn taken after 3 months. I think that might be the time they are taking to evaluate new regs these days. I have not heard of one beyond that. If you know the Chinese system then you know .cn is more risky than .com

At this time I am not putting any investment into my IDN.cn domains because I do not trust they will not be taken away. I assume others feel the same way and that is part of the reason .com will most likely continue to dominate.

My best IDN are .cn so I am certainly for them, but too risky for big investment development at this time.
Because cn domain have 15days check period,in 15days deled,but REGISTRAR not prompt report!
5 days ago,I reg a ascii.cn,1 day ago deled(check whois then know),but dyandot still show ok.Real!Fact!
(today still show ok!)


But in china domain forum,More people invest .cn,Nearly nobody think .cn is more risky than .com
single.cn also can own by domainer,google.cn bought g.cn form china domainer
(for only 15% of China netizens can write down the English domain name)


they will taken away?
"If you browse throuth some old posts here, you will see quite a few reports of idn.cn being taken away after many months reg."
reports which domains?All very trash idn.cn,Now nearly all domain all can be register.


I know you bought 4 idn.cn(2 top best idn.cn) : )
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2008, 04:42 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 468
chinainvest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Dot Com is King, IDN.com will be king. ccTLD will be queen


I disagree.

idn.com vs idn.cn which will be more valuable?

Every country will or has adopted their own ccTLD before .com

If you are looking for products and services in your country, will you type in .com?

People would look locally in their own country (ccTLD) first and then try a .com....

There are more Chinese speakers in China than english speakers throught the world.

ccTLD are very valuable, cause it makes sense...
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2008, 05:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,574
iTrader: (30)
Rep Power: 630
cdehoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Go see your doctor for your eyes .
You did not know china national conditions
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2008, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,806
iTrader: (19)
Rep Power: 682
Giant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinainvest
Dot Com is King, IDN.com will be king. ccTLD will be queen

I disagree.
You are not alone .



Quote:
Originally Posted by cdehoo
You did not know china national conditions
Ha ha ha.... I did not know China national conditions!

Let's see how many cities I have been to or lived and for how long:

Beijing 1 months
Shanghai 4 months
Shenzhen 2 years
Tianjin 3 days
Qingdao 1 week
Jinan 2 days
Xuzhou 1 days
Xian 1 week
Chengdu 1 week
Wuhan 3 days
Changsha 2 days
Ningbo 2 days
Hangzhou 2 weeks
Suzhou 2 weeks
Nanjing 3 month
Wuxi 3 days
Zhuhai 1 month
Zhongshan 1 week
Foshan 2 days
Shantou 2 weeks
Kunming 1 week
Huizhou 1 week
Dongguan 2 days
Guangzhou 3 months
...
Plus 30 more smaller cities.
__________________
@

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 30th April 2008 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 30th April 2008, 05:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: alburrica
Posts: 230
iTrader: (14)
Rep Power: 464
camarro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinainvest
Dot Com is King, IDN.com will be king. ccTLD will be queen


I disagree.

idn.com vs idn.cn which will be more valuable?

Every country will or has adopted their own ccTLD before .com

If you are looking for products and services in your country, will you type in .com?

People would look locally in their own country (ccTLD) first and then try a .com....

There are more Chinese speakers in China than english speakers throught the world.

ccTLD are very valuable, cause it makes sense...

way to early in the game to make this kind of assumptions.
it's difficult to a find a comment about this subject that doesn't reflet whatever
the author is holding.
the truth is that educated guesses is all we can provide to each others at this time,your's or mine have the same value than the next mans, despite that, there
is one thing that i think is certain about the future, idn.com will always be a valuable domain.
how mutch valuable comparing to cctld is what remains to be seen.
personally i believe that will depend upon a number of factors, and whatever
the answer might be i don't think it will apply to all the markets, cctld will probably
have an edge in some countries and in other ones .com will remain king, where and what is going to happen depends largely on policies and timings, icann has a
word to say about what is going to happen but does not hold all the cards in this game, browser support is becoming more and more a reality and when is fully established, mass awareness about idn.com will be a fact, regardless of whatever
policies icann tries to implement.
this alone will put in the hands of millions of end users around the world the answers to our questions, and it will be them, and not me or you who will decide the future of idn's, both cctld and idn.com.
the internet is one of the ultimate democratic tools, be given the choice to the users and they will decide.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 1st May 2008, 12:56 AM
dusty's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: US
Posts: 177
iTrader: (11)
Rep Power: 475
dusty is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: China forces to use more IDN.cn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdehoo
Because cn domain have 15days check period,in 15days deled,but REGISTRAR not prompt report!
5 days ago,I reg a ascii.cn,1 day ago deled(check whois then know),but dyandot still show ok.Real!Fact!
(today still show ok!)
But in china domain forum,More people invest .cn,Nearly nobody think .cn is more risky than .com
That might be true, but I am pretty sure it was my name in the whois for 90 days at http://www.cnnic.cn/

Either way, I still have other issues with investing in .cn development at this time. The legal regulations in general and more specifically over the Internet are far from transparent. No matter what precautions I would take the regulators could always find my web sites in violation if it served them. With .cn they could take the domain. With .com all they could do is block the site.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54