IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2008, 04:23 AM

elitedomains is an unknown quantity at this point
ดิสโก้.com - "Disco.com" in Thai - Almost 5 Million Google Results!

Need some quick cash so selling this premium Thai domain. As the title staes, this domain has nearly 5 Million Google results (4,750,000)

For those of you unfamiliar with Thai culture, this amount of results is partly because most Thai's call ALL nightclub spots "disco" whether they have dancing or not. I live in Bangkok and while the term "bar" is frequently used, the word nightclub is non-existent and even a small bar or pub is called a disco by many. This domain has obvious development potential and will surely be a premium addition to any Thai domain portfolio.

Accepting any reasonable educated offers. Looking for a quick sale so dont let this one pass you by!

Translation guaranteed.

ดิสโก้.com
xn--12c1bydub6dzb.com

any takers?

Last edited by elitedomains; 19th May 2008 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19th May 2008, 09:10 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: ดิสโก้.com - "Disco.com" in Thai - Almost 5 Million Google Results!

I also live in bangkok and have been to more discos than is good for me.

but .... everyone I know (Thais) say "tech" not "disco", as in "pay thiaw tech may?"

so whilst the google results look good, I am not buying the argument that thais call nightclubs "disco".
Old 19th May 2008, 11:46 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru
so whilst the google results look good, I am not buying the argument that thais call nightclubs "disco".
The google SERP I get with "quotes" is only 134,000.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...81%E0%B9%89%22

Using quotation marks is the "standard", otherwise google SERP will pick up all like of combination words and add them in.
That gives you a more accurate reading and is the accepted standard by 99.9% of IDNers.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 22nd May 2008 at 01:25 PM..
Old 20th May 2008, 07:19 AM

Well, first of all your link says 608,000 , not 134,000 but anyway...
Yes, there is less results with quotation marks. I did not realize there would be until you pointed it out and cant imagine why as it's a single word. No one I ever heard of puts quotes around a single search word. Thats bizarre you would even try but as for why it's different I have no idea. if anyone knows i would be interested to know why but am clueless as to the actual reason.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 22nd May 2008 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22nd May 2008, 06:57 AM

This is not an appraisal thread. If there is some sort of discrepency with the google results or a translation thats fine to point out, but to call yourself some sort of expert and then be so wrong as to be completely idiotic is bizarre in the extreme. You dont have to "buy" anything... including this domain but in any case you are flat wrong. Period. End of story. And frankly if you DONT know that virtually all thais call nightclub spots (besides small pubs) "disco" then I would seriously have to question your capability and/or translation skills and would honestly question any domain you have in your own portfolio unless you have hardcore proof to back it up to be honest.

As far as the Google numbers in question... If 99% of IDN forum domainers put "single" words in quotation marks then they are most likely 98% different than any other domainers out there that I know of. Not to say it's unheard of, maybe some people do it but I never have and being a domainer for 6 years have never heard of anyone else doing it either because the results typically are not different. meaning if I was selling usedcars.com then yes I would put "used cars" in quotes but if i was selling cars.com I would just enter "cars" minus the quotes. Getting other results "mixed-in" will happen in any case so really dont understand what you mean and really dont know why it's different in this case. In fact, go to google now and type in "cars" with and without the quotes- THERE ARE ***MORE*** RESULTS *IN* QUOTATIONS so your argument is very weak in general that doing this has any benefit at all with single words since by your logic there should be less, not more results so it seems pretty ineffectual, except in this case it apparently does show less but again not sure why.

Quote:
I am not buying the argument that thais call nightclubs "disco".

Last edited by elitedomains; 22nd May 2008 at 07:03 AM..
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:05 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitedomains
... then I would seriously have to question your capability and/or translation skills and would honestly question any domain you have in your own portfolio ...
It would be foolish to call this guy out on what he has in his Thai portfolio.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:01 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

ดิสโก้ = disco, its short for discotheque = ดิสโก้เทค, which is apparently unregistered...

But to clarify my main point, no Thai I have ever met says (in Thai) "do you want to go a disco", they say "do you want to go to a theque" ....

The domain is ok, but your initial description was seriously misleading in my opinion.
Old 23rd May 2008, 06:36 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

I am a native Thai speaker and "ดิสโก้" is definitely not used by Thais to refer to all kinds of nightspots. Infact if you want the hard core proof, you can see from Google Trend below that ดิสโก้ (disco) has almost no search volume at all as compared to เทค (theque), , บาร์ (bar) and คลับ (club)

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E0%B...ate=all&sort=0

DomainGuru is a Thai IDN pioneer, I wouldn't disrespect the Guru.
Old 24th May 2008, 01:34 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer
I am a native Thai speaker and "ดิสโก้" is definitely not used by Thais to refer to all kinds of nightspots. Infact if you want the hard core proof, you can see from Google Trend below that ดิสโก้ (disco) has almost no search volume at all as compared to เทค (theque), , บาร์ (bar) and คลับ (club)

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E0%B...ate=all&sort=0

DomainGuru is a Thai IDN pioneer, I wouldn't disrespect the Guru.

เทค (theque), was available on 22nd, was regged by someone yesterday.
Old 24th May 2008, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
เทค (theque), was available on 22nd, was regged by someone yesterday.
Interesting to see who regged it - wasn't me, that's one suspect out of the picture ;-)
Old 24th May 2008, 06:16 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Interesting to see who regged it - wasn't me, that's one suspect out of the picture ;-)
That a hint?

I considered regging it, after checking it with thai-language.com. Seems like it would work as "tech"(nology) as well.

Thought it might be a stretch, and put it on a list.
Old 24th May 2008, 01:20 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Not me either but I saw it was open and considered it. But then I started figuring that if if Guru or TrafficDomainer did not take it there must be a reason. Also, nearly all of the google pages were "technology" related.

I saw the who.is on the registration, name listed as "William Wicks". Anyone know if he a member here?
Must have seen this thread or it is a strange coincidence.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 24th May 2008 at 01:25 PM..
Old 24th May 2008, 06:57 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Not me either but I saw it was open and considered it. But then I started figuring that if if Guru or TrafficDomainer did not take it there must be a reason. Also, nearly all of the google pages were "technology" related.

I saw the who.is on the registration, name listed as "William Wicks". Anyone know if he a member here?
Must have seen this thread or it is a strange coincidence.
I believe that is "phio."
Old 30th May 2008, 09:53 AM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

Since it was just sitting there with that 'available' green light, I thought I would give it a go....I saw it as a short name for tech also, and may try to use it as that. Not sure about the 'Disco' usage....but anything with thai and disco perks my interest :o
Old 30th May 2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phio
Since it was just sitting there with that 'available' green light, I thought I would give it a go....I saw it as a short name for tech also, and may try to use it as that. Not sure about the 'Disco' usage....but anything with thai and disco perks my interest :o
Good catch...if its open it's fair game.
Old 30th May 2008, 01:44 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

I have tailgated many of names, just be careful who you tailgate:o