IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2006, 07:50 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
español.tv (spanish.tv)

español.tv and española.tv

Applicable for Spain, Latin America and the hispanic population in America.

With Internet TV, this name is going to be worth many times more. One of the top .tv domains.

BIN $100,000. Open to serious counteroffers by PM. Payment by escrow only.

Reason for selling: i need money to start a family, i'm self-employed so funds are tied up in the business.

Last edited by touchring; 30th March 2006 at 12:44 PM..
Old 30th March 2006, 11:33 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: español.tv (spanish.tv)

I am sorry to bring the bad news, but español.tv sounds really strange to a spanish speaking person.

It's like "spanish man. tv". When you say español, the first thing that comes to my mind is a person (a man) who is spanish and not the languange or other thing that could be spanish also.

I have to admit I was very tempted to grab the good one from you, but, and because I DON'T LIKE TO DOUBLE CROSS people and I HAVE still some ethics left, I'll PM the info.
Old 30th March 2006, 12:43 PM
Veteran

Thks for the tip, sale notice amended. I'll pass you 20% if any sale go through - although it'll probably take sometime as .tv and internet tv has not taken off yet.
Old 30th March 2006, 01:46 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Unhappy Re: español.tv (spanish.tv)

Thanks touchring. Indeed if you do a Google search you'll notice television española makes sense, because Tv is female.

The problem is we put the adjective after the name, unlike English language. So, "Spanish TV" makes sense, it's 100% correct. However, "española tv", sounds, at first glimpse, like you're saying: "Hey spanish woman, do you want some "tv"? or ""Hey spanish woman, where's the tv?

Sorry my friend, but this IDN domaining thing is indeed very, very language dependent like the City Travel told us recently.

And more, for instance, "car" is coche in Spain, carro in Argentina, automovile in México... uff
Old 30th March 2006, 03:04 PM
Veteran

.tv is only an extension to indicate that the site is a television site. Spanish is just to show that the programs are in Spanish.

I've also got China.tv and Japan.tv - these do not rhyme well either - Chinese.tv and Japanese.tv might sound better, but i decided to take country.tv in priority to language.tv.

No one will question the value of China.tv and Japan.tv 20 years down the road - i'm depending on both of them for my retirement nest. Everyone here knows these are million dollar domains in the future. The stakes are many times higher for TV/Movie industry than static Internet.

Last edited by touchring; 30th March 2006 at 03:12 PM..
Old 30th March 2006, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

>And more, for instance, "car" is coche in Spain, carro in Argentina, automovile in
>México... uff

Actually, I find both coche & carro used more frequently in Mexico that automovile.

I do find it amusing that they use the term "esposas" for handcuffs.
Old 30th March 2006, 06:04 PM
Veteran

Maybe it's not Mexico. I don't know. Only know how it's used in Spain. There are a lot of SudAmérica Spanish speaking countries. Never been to none of them.
Old 30th March 2006, 06:19 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
Maybe it's not Mexico. I don't know. Only know how it's used in Spain. There are a lot of SudAmérica Spanish speaking countries. Never been to none of them.
Coincidentally, i was trying to figure out yesterday, whether SudAmérica or SurAmérica is more accurate. :^)
Old 30th March 2006, 07:11 PM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy

I have españa.tv , I would be happy to get €1000 for it.

www.bancoespaña.com brings €2 monthly...

Ciao DABSI
Old 30th March 2006, 07:22 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsi
I have españa.tv , I would be happy to get €1000 for it.

www.bancoespaña.com brings €2 monthly...

Ciao DABSI

Are you sure you are willing to sell at €1000? Pls confirm your offer so that a deal can be done.

To be fair, before you confirm, i have to tell you that Verisign's initial offer price for Spain.tv is $20K a year.

Last edited by touchring; 30th March 2006 at 07:32 PM..
Old 31st March 2006, 03:12 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

it is funny how different people value their domains, dabsi got a better one españa.tv and offer it for €1.000 while español.tv that doesnt sound good is offered for €100.000. I guess it all depends on the owners. but the other day i got a good laugh with someone offering IDNs that werent that good at prices over $250.000, who knows maybe in 10 years but right now it is daydreaming. Anyway español.tv is better that those ones, but españa.tv is cheaper and better.
Old 31st March 2006, 04:28 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
it is funny how different people value their domains, dabsi got a better one españa.tv and offer it for €1.000 while español.tv that doesnt sound good is offered for €100.000. I guess it all depends on the owners. but the other day i got a good laugh with someone offering IDNs that werent that good at prices over $250.000, who knows maybe in 10 years but right now it is daydreaming. Anyway español.tv is better that those ones, but españa.tv is cheaper and better.

No one will sell españa.tv for €1000 when Verisign is selling spain.tv for $20,000 (PER YEAR), unless he/she is out of his mind.

Maybe it's possible to bargain down, but i suspect the bottom price is $10,000 per year. Based on 8 years rental, spain.tv is worth $80,000.

BTW, I own china.tv and japan.tv, both that i won't sell even if someone offers $200,000 each.

Last edited by touchring; 31st March 2006 at 05:52 AM..