IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2006, 06:29 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virtually 100% of type-in traffic for Chinese domains is from China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
The taxes will have to be paid by SC because they are importing the service from overseas, if i'm not mistaken.

I think China does have an image problem in America - i think that's the issue.

Many things have changed over the past 5 years, even Chinese expatriates that left the country for a few years do not have the full picture. All these epoche times, etc, you know, very misleading.
1. When you compare companies, don't compare it with Google, Google is too big. But even Google has to do things quietly. Google never had any problem sharing the same ICP license with Ganji.com before, but after Google set up google.cn, too much publicity almost got Google in trouble.

2. When you selling ordinary goods in China, you won't see a lot of problem. But if you do ads, news, internet this kind of sensitive business, you better be very careful.

3. You have done business in China, so you think we from America don't know China good enough? Sorry you're wrong. I set up my company in China since 1998.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 30th March 2006 at 06:33 PM..
Old 30th March 2006, 06:37 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
1. When you compare companies, don't compare it with Google, Google i too big. But even Google has to do things quietly. Google never had any problem sharing the same ICP license with Ganji.com, but after Google set up google.cn, too much publicity almost got Google in trouble.

2. When you selling ordinary goods in China, you won't see a lot of problem. But if you do ads, news, internet this kind of sensitive business, you better be very careful.

3. You have done business in China, so you think we from America don't know China good enough? Sorry you're wrong. I set up my company in China since 1998.

I just feel there's a lot of prejudice - that's why my reaction - especially that guy nameslave from DNF.

So far, i've never had any trouble with laws in china unless the service or goods sold have banned content like politics, religion and adult.

I've even had my email server and phone accounts blocked because of banned content - we just got to call the ISP or phone company and in a week, everything is restored.

If you got a company in China, you can just apply the service as a Chinese company, get paid directly via bank transfer to a chinese bank account, and you won't face this problem?

Anyway, we're getting out of topic, let's close this case.

Last edited by touchring; 30th March 2006 at 06:45 PM..
Old 30th March 2006, 06:47 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
I just feel there's a lot of prejudice - that's why my reaction - especially that guy nameslave from DNF.

So far, i've never had any trouble with laws in china unless the service or goods sold have banned content like politics, religion and adult.

I've even had my email server and phone accounts blocked because of banned content - we just got to call the ISP or phone company and in a week, everything is restored.

If you got a company in China, you can just apply the service as a Chinese company, get paid directly via bank transfer to a chinese bank account, and you won't face this problem?
They sent money to my bank account in China since I started.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 30th March 2006, 06:47 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, case closed, getting out of topic - this thread is meant only to highlight the fact that chinese domains get mostly china traffic. Let's move on. Thks.

Last edited by touchring; 30th March 2006 at 06:54 PM..
Old 30th March 2006, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

>the foreigners will have to figure out how to expatriate the money himself

The way I hear it, with what's due to happen to the USD, you might be better off leaving it in the bank in China. :^)