View Single Post
Old 24th June 2011, 07:17 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road
Re: Public Comment: How Do We Raise Global Awareness of New gTLDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Track down some REAL non-domainer users of IDN.com and have them make submissions to ICANN comment periods in their native languages with translations attached, asking why they have to wait even longer before they can get their IDN.IDN's when ccTLD's got their's a year ago.

Also post evidence of users searching for translits at google, proving they're already expecting them to be working and that if Verisign doesn't get those translits, confusion will reign.
I am a domainer but for what it is worth my site that I could reference for having users searching for translits at google is a real site that provides a real service:

On GKT "เกมส์.com" (games.com in Thai) has 0 monthly search volume but the translit for the .com (ie .คอม) in Thai already has people search for my site:

GKT results:

เกมส์.คอม 90,500 (Broad)
"เกมส์.คอม" 27,100 (Phrase)

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 24th June 2011 at 07:28 PM..