IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2006, 11:55 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I've registered 300 Japanese Domains

I just did a final gulp of Japanese domains to bring me to over 300 Japanese domains. (Including the very few I've already sold)

This is the what I have registered recently
I have 127 jp & 172 dot coms 6 few nets. Here's the last batch
アフィリエイト会社.jp Affiliate Company (Affiliate Advertising Company)
アフィリエイト会社.com Affiliate Company
アフィリエイト広告.jp Affiliate Ad
アフィリエイト広告.com Affiliate Ad (Could also be translated as adverting)
アフィリエイトプログラム.com - Affiliate Program
アダルトアフィリエイト.com - Adult Affiliate
アフィリエイトブログ.com - Affiliate Blog (This actually means affiliate ads for blogs)
ドメインパーキング.jp - Domain Parking (THIS WAS WIDE OPEN GUYS)
ドメインパーキング.com - Domain Parking
ホームトレード.jp - Home Trade (I believe this is for online trading at home or by yourself)
バナー広告.jp - Banner Ad/Advertising
エロゲー.jp - Erotic Game (overture about 80,000)
エロゲー.com - Erotic Game
ローンカード.jp - LoanCard (Card for quick cash loans high OVT & Adsense bids)
テキストリンク.jp - Text Link
パーキング.jp - Parking (Just dropped & bought immediately
テキスト広告.jp - Text Ad/Text Advertising
露天風呂.jp - Rotenburo (Rotenburo is a private bath outside your hotel room like an onsen but I believe it's usually just private this also just dropped just bought)

Some of these aren't for Sale but to go later to companies I'm tied up with..
Any thoughts?

These all were pretty much open & it proves that dot jps are still open & some drops happen occasionally too.
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:38 AM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road
Re: I've registered 300 Japanese Domains

ローンカード is smart - I always thought it was the other way around i.e. loans taken out on a card, but I see now that it's both.

ホームトレード I like, for obvious reasons.

Not too sure about some of the affiliate ones - I get the impression that the term, though used, is less widespread here than in the US, for example. It's not bad, there's certainly a market for them - but by comparison with the same terms in English they look a little weak.

Overall, a good selection.
Old 2nd April 2006, 01:05 AM
A.W.O.L

Let's just say that I have a huge insider scoop on affiliate marketing in Japan.
I give clues to things & keep telling people don't go by Overture Scores for technology.
I'll put it like this. There are cetain markets that are still building up in Japan.
There are some areas that are dwindling.
I'm just buying up the technology areas I or the company I work for has ties with to better build the network.

I mean with my portfolio & the themes I buy I don't think it's even hard for you guys to figure which groups of companies I might be affiliated with...
Old 2nd April 2006, 01:12 AM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road

ValueClick, ValueCommerce or similar for one, I'd guess. Them or a8.net...

The thing about affiliate marketing is that it requires merchants AND affiliates - and the latter certainly seem to be much scarcer and attract much less traffic and attention (on average) that their counterparts in the US or Europe. A (relative) lack of successful affiliates means a lack of success stories, and less incentive for others to jump in. On World Business Satellite just the other night, they were talking about somebody who was doing "very well" to the tune of a few hundred thousand yen a month off their baseball-related site and affiliate programs (the tones in which the news item was couched seemed to indicate that was pretty amazing, whereas it's humdrum by international standards).

Last edited by Edwin; 2nd April 2006 at 01:16 AM..
Old 2nd April 2006, 01:16 AM
A.W.O.L

Yeah something like that....
You don't have to post it but ya got to remember too my thing is SEO....

OH BTW how come none of you guys ever thought to snatch up Domain Parking in Japanese????
Old 2nd April 2006, 01:17 AM

Ok, gotcha! But as you said, I don't have to post it
Old 2nd April 2006, 04:32 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

funny, u got affliateprogram , i was looking for it at 2 am this morning! after reading about some affilates programs to get for my domains. Domain parking sounds interesting but i guess if it has to be someone like u with IT expertise to develop it.

idnforum in japanese is free by the way, why dont u register it for ur future idn interested japanese visitors? and doubt, u know who is truly the one who started the domain forum dnf.jp? enom japan again?
Old 2nd April 2006, 04:43 AM
A.W.O.L

For Japan things I create will be branded differently.
But thanks
A lot of things still have to be developped in Japanese.
Old 2nd April 2006, 09:19 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney

These all were pretty much open & it proves that dot jps are still open & some drops happen occasionally too.

Olney, assuming that you are going to stumble on recent drops is a little naive. This is now no longer a hand regging situation. There are quite a number of player running scripts competing for the few domains that are dropping and the information on what is available is very accessible. Getting premium drops is over, all except for the very well organised.

Quote:
Yeah something like that....
You don't have to post it but ya got to remember too my thing is SEO....

OH BTW how come none of you guys ever thought to snatch up Domain Parking in Japanese????
I have tried working that area, but it is not easy if you don't understand Japanese!

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 2nd April 2006 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 2nd April 2006, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Actually, I think he's talking about .jp drops.
Old 2nd April 2006, 01:44 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
Actually, I think he's talking about .jp drops.
Ah! That would explain it. Don't think there is much info on these at the moment!
Old 2nd April 2006, 02:23 PM
A.W.O.L

Yeah I believe I gave tons of knowledge to members
& yes many gave back
But I might keep a few things to myself..
Old 2nd April 2006, 02:25 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I believe I gave tons of knowledge to members
& yes many gave back
But I might keep a few things to myself..
Nice One. Make the most of it whilst you are the only in know!
Old 2nd April 2006, 05:09 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Olney, assuming that you are going to stumble on recent drops is a little naive. This is now no longer a hand regging situation. There are quite a number of player running scripts competing for the few domains that are dropping and the information on what is available is very accessible. Getting premium drops is over, all except for the very well organised.

I have tried working that area, but it is not easy if you don't understand Japanese!

That's not an excuse. You can get that script for $150.

But if 50 people uses that script on the same names (quite likely since there are so few good idn drops), then it's back to luck again - throwing a 50-sided dice.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone started using that dn script?

Last edited by touchring; 2nd April 2006 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 2nd April 2006, 08:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
That's not an excuse. You can get that script for $150.

But if 50 people uses that script on the same names (quite likely since there are so few good idn drops), then it's back to luck again - throwing a 50-sided dice.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone started using that dn script?
Yes, I have been involved with this from the start and have Beta Tested the Scripts.

It works well and will definitely register IDN domains, and the installation and useage is relatively simple.

It will take the grind out of following the drops for anyone who is currently trying to hand register. Essential it allows you to put in one domain request about every 2 seconds and can be set to run when your out on the town.

You should not purchase this on the assumption that you are going to win everything in sight, as obviously there will be other examples of the script in circulation, and there are limitations to the speed that a script can run from a standard PC using a standard retailer account. It is also not sensible I believe to load too many domains at one go. Having said that for the average domainer wanting to follow the drop scene, this is the only sensible option that I am aware of.

I would think that most buyers will easily recoupe their investment in terms of the value of domains registered within a few weeks. Lets face it, you only need a couple of half decent Japanese and you are laughing!

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 2nd April 2006 at 09:08 PM..
Old 2nd April 2006, 09:33 PM

daniel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks David for the review. We consider you the expert in the IDN space and implemented many of your suggestions into the IDN Domain Grabber. We now have a solid working version to build on for future releases.

http://www.dnware.com
Old 3rd April 2006, 03:56 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, so this was the better mousetrap!

The point to focus on just a few names to increase one's chances is a good one. That technique is also used for manual registration.

Out of curiosity, it would be great to hear of domains that anyone succeeded catching using the grabber.

Last edited by touchring; 3rd April 2006 at 04:14 AM..