View Single Post
Old 6th May 2006, 04:00 AM

IDN.TV is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to IDN.TV Send a message via Yahoo to IDN.TV Send a message via Skype™ to IDN.TV
Re: Devanagari Encoding Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
Well after i slapped them into Microsoft Word this became an Enigma , but by closly looking at what you posted i can clearly see that the top ones "Dot" is further from the " S " and the 2nd ones is closer
Both mean sari, a traditional dress worn by indian women, Ok, I think I know the answer, if I am wrong correct me.

Both are written the same- they are for sure the same, but one is written in hindi and the other is probably written in sanskrit or any other language with the same script as hindi, now when google maps it for searches it converts it into puny code and sees them only as a punycode, and the puny code for the first one is different from the second one, so different results, they mean the same but it should be rectified, and this can happen probably for indian languages with same script, so their might be two different puny codes. But, nice error found.

— Umberto Eco