IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2006, 09:07 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
.tv IDN registrations over?

All all now failing on both dd24 and domainsite.
Old 2nd April 2006, 10:15 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough
Re: .tv IDN registrations over?

Domainsite seems to be working ok for .tv registrations.

Sometimes there is a bleep in the system, and the registrar can't connect to the .tv registry. I have had that happen to me a couple of times in the past.

Alex

Old 2nd April 2006, 10:32 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope u r not thinking on to register the 4 .tv domains that i intend to register tomorrow. Right now final rechecking their ovt, results, bids, etc. before to see if i take them. :p
Old 2nd April 2006, 10:33 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

I thought I'm finnished with .tv domains. But every day, I'm getting new ideas.

DD24 is failing entirely. The whole site is down right after you try to login.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 2nd April 2006 at 10:56 AM..
Old 2nd April 2006, 11:36 AM

i think idotz.net is cheaper than domainsite for .tv domains, for those who are interested on .tv
Old 2nd April 2006, 11:53 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Agree with IDNCEO about Idotz.net

They are the cheapest for regging .tvs

Alex

Old 2nd April 2006, 11:54 AM
Veteran

But they make you pay for dns servers and register lock. Annoying non-pro interface too. But domainsite isn't working for .tv's at the moment at all. So I had to do it. I got another .tv!
Old 2nd April 2006, 11:58 AM

Care to share which .tv you regged ??

Alex

Old 2nd April 2006, 12:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd
Care to share which .tv you regged ??
Alex
Yes, as soon as I get a confirmation email. Whois on .tv is slow too.
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:00 PM

to forward url on idotz.net is for what they charge but for changes on dns no charge.

yeah interface sucks but the same with domainsite. i dont know why they dont get a better webdesign like doster, dynadot, etc. when i see webdesign like those, i got the feeling they are going to shut down business very soon; not even to invest money for what they are, a web company, looks not trustworthy.
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:02 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
to forward url on idotz.net is for what they charge but for changes on dns no charge.

yeah interface sucks but the same with domainsite. i dont know why they dont get a better webdesign like doster, dynadot, etc. when i see webdesign like those, i got the feeling they are going to shut down business very soon; not even to invest money for what they are, a web company, looks not trustworthy.

I like domainsite. Their pages are simple and load fast. They also have the most powerful dns management and the fastest dns updating I have ever seen in a registrar. I hope they don't change it in fact! I don't like slow loading full of ads and garbage websites. They have their use for newbies, but I'd prefer a clean bulk registration and management interface when I have hundreds of domains to manage! A lot of pages slow down simply because I have 10 different languages and complex Indic scripts loading up on one page.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 2nd April 2006 at 12:05 PM..
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:04 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Masy I ask for around the same price couldn't you register dot jps?
Wouldn't that have been a good option?
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
Masy I ask for around the same price couldn't you register dot jps?
Wouldn't that have been a good option?
Yes, but when you can get .TV countrynames and languagenames that are going to draw in traffic no matter what, why bother with second rate .jps, between you and a few others on here, you have all the good ones. I'm pretty much done with .jp myself.

I actually got my family excited about .tv and we are going to develop a couple of the Russian .tv domains. I'm not talking about a landing page either. All out video. When ccTLDs get dnamed, .tv is going to be .ТВ, which means TV in Russian. If not, TV in latin letters is popular too.

I don't own 中华 China.com. But I do have 中华.tv. Same thing with 美人, 美, and 女.tv. This was a chance to get top names at a bargain in the premium .tv domain with lots of media snob appeal and instant name recognition around the world in all languages.

ニュース.tv news.tv in English is 1000000$ a year reg.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 2nd April 2006 at 12:21 PM..
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:09 PM

i think the point is that blastfromthepast wants to register some .tv

.jp is cheaper on another registrars, on idotz.net i just take .tv, they charge $89 for a single .jp!! no way!
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:37 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Does your .tv registrations display wierdly on the Domainsite interface?
Like this: (An example)
xn--xxxxx.tv (キーワード) Notice the .tv is missing from the name in brackets.

Although on whois it displays:
xn--xxxxx.tv (キーワード.tv)
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:43 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan
Does your .tv registrations display wierdly on the Domainsite interface?

Yes, all my .tv domains display with garbled characters in different languages. I've called domainsite on the phone a few weeks ago and mentioned it to them. They say, just go with the punycode, that's the real domain. OK.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 2nd April 2006 at 12:48 PM..