IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > NameDrive

NameDrive For discussion of NameDrive's parking program. NameDrive offers an IDN compatible parking program to monetize your domains via PPC.
Click here for NameDrive Signup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2008, 03:11 PM

Aidan_from_NameDrive is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Aidan_from_NameDrive
We love IDNs

Hi guys,

At ND we love to support your IDNs and having been one of the first parking companies to do so we are always looking for ways to make our performance even better. I will be regularly on this forum to answer any questions you have relating to ND or IDNs in general.

If any of you are existing ND users I would be eager to hear what you think of our IDN service and what you think we could do to improve our performace.

I would also be interested to hear what you think about the increasing sales pricing for IDNs and how you think the economic downturn might affect them, if at all, especially with online advertising apparently keeping the rest of the advertising world afloat.

I am also available at Aidan (at) NameDrive.com

Thanks

Aidan

Last edited by Aidan_from_NameDrive; 9th October 2008 at 03:18 PM..
Old 9th October 2008, 03:51 PM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road
Re: We love IDNs

Hi Aidan.

Welcome to IDNForums.com. It's very very nice to have you here. And I am sure everybody would be very excited to hear about your arrival.

I currently park more than 1,000 Japanese IDNs at Name Drive, and I am pleased that you have such a user friendly platform.

There are surely many things I'd like to ask you about ND's services and it'd be great to hear your answers. I've already posted one request to ND under the thread "Suggestions for New Namedrive Templates or Headers", and I believe that the message has been delivered to your company.

Another question I have regarding Japanese parking is, do you have partnership with Overture Japan? I am not entirely sure if it's still the case, but traditionally, Overture has been the No.1 ad provider to Japanese homepages. So, it probably makes a big difference if ND has the relationship with Overture Japan or not...

I'd appreciate if you could take time to answer my questions. I have more questions and requests in my mind but I will try to post one by one. Thank you.

Best regards,
Ryu
Old 9th October 2008, 04:03 PM

idnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan_from_NameDrive View Post
Hi guys,

At ND we love to support your IDNs and having been one of the first parking companies to do so we are always looking for ways to make our performance even better. I will be regularly on this forum to answer any questions you have relating to ND or IDNs in general.

If any of you are existing ND users I would be eager to hear what you think of our IDN service and what you think we could do to improve our performace.

I would also be interested to hear what you think about the increasing sales pricing for IDNs and how you think the economic downturn might affect them, if at all, especially with online advertising apparently keeping the rest of the advertising world afloat.

I am also available at Aidan (at) NameDrive.com

Thanks

Aidan

I'm still waiting to hear, from NameDrive, about the status of my account, if I need to reconfigure or move my traffic elsewhere, after receiving an e-mail starting off with:

>> It is with regret that we announce the end of our direct agreement with
>> your current Yahoo parking provider, effective immediately.
Old 9th October 2008, 04:27 PM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer
回覆: We love IDNs

The revenue of my symbol/dingbats IDNs was terrible at NameDrive -
Old 9th October 2008, 04:51 PM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Guys,

This is our chance to build a mutually beneficial relationship with NameDrive.

Let's try to have a constructive discussion here! Some of you may have complaint or are unhappy about the revenue provided by NameDrive. And, I can understand that because we always want more.

The good news is that a person from ND is here and kindly offered to answer our questions and hear our requests. We should respect that and try our best to talk constructively so that we can benefit from ND's presense here, and ND can benefit from our suggestions, too.

The last thing I want to see here is ND bashing. That benefits no one. So instead of complaining, let's ask nicely why things are as they are and suggest a plan to make it better. If we discuss constructively, we can make a win-win situation.
Old 9th October 2008, 05:07 PM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Aiden,

Wondering about a couple of things. Some may not be possible.

Perhaps a seperate parking service for china -- basically a clone of namedrive with chinese pics and search terms. This service would have to have different nameservers and be approved in china.

Vietnamese added to drop down selection of country on the customize settings screen.

Perhaps an additional pic selection drop down for alternate languages when the domain begins with "xn--"

Great to have you here!
Old 9th October 2008, 05:09 PM

rofsjan is an unknown quantity at this pointrofsjan is an unknown quantity at this pointrofsjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Aidan, it would be usefull to have the section "Related categories" (template Internet) in a prefered language.
For instance, russian IDN's will have the section Related categories in russian language, not in english as it is now for my russian IDN's with russian keywords.
Regular Russian web surfers are only familiar with russian language and
"Related categories" in russian will increase willingness to look in that section.
Old 9th October 2008, 05:37 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofsjan View Post
Aidan, it would be usefull to have the section "Related categories" (template Internet) in a prefered language.
For instance, russian IDN's will have the section Related categories in russian language, not in english as it is now for my russian IDN's with russian keywords.
Regular Russian web surfers are only familiar with russian language and
"Related categories" in russian will increase willingness to look in that section.
Definately the Number One request are templates that have all of the "Catagories" that run down the left hand side and across the top 100% in various foreign languages. For starters Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Spanish, French and Vietnamese would be nice.
Members can probably add a few more to that list.

Thanks for asking!
Old 9th October 2008, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

and Turkish!

Also, a button to click somewhere where you can check whether you have any domains that have ground to a halt in the "ownership verification" process.

And also when you DO enter a name that is already listed in someone elses account (because they droped it but didn't remove it) the ability to set the page data PRIOR to the ownership verification, so we don't have to go back and do it later.

I had a couple of other suggestions I explained carefully to Ed in Paris. I'm sure he's wrking on them as we speak.

PS. I love my ND t-shirt. It's the only freebie t-shirt I grabbed at domainer meeting/ICANN that I DON'T use when welding in the garage.
Old 9th October 2008, 06:53 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
PS. I love my ND t-shirt. It's the only freebie t-shirt I grabbed at domainer meeting/ICANN that I DON'T use when welding in the garage.
Really, never pegged you as the welding type?!?

Yes, Turkish as well would be nice.
Old 9th October 2008, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn View Post
Really, never pegged you as the welding type?!?
I do a lot of welding with my MIG welder. Also picked up a TIG welder from a boat-dwelling friend but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

At present working on my new office furniture (I work in wood and metal) where the 24" iMac and extra screen will be mounted in such a way that if they want to steal it, they'll have to take the whole u-shaped 12ft x 12ft 2" thick wood/metal desk with them.

Watching them try to get it out the door will be fun.
Old 9th October 2008, 07:58 PM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Aidan, thanks for stopping in.

No problems here, except to say that I have moved my Chinese names to a China-specific provider, as has been alluded to above.
Old 9th October 2008, 08:21 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Quote:

You can weld the door shut and not have to go with making the workstation

As for Namedrive, it'd be nice for us to be able to edit the related categories on the parking pages. This way we can optimize the page better. Better than cookie-cutter.
As mentioned earlier, I'd rather my Chinese visitor see related cats in Chinese, even if there's no ad inventory for a particular keyword, than seeing half English/half Chinese.

And, try to get rid of those half cent clicks. :p
Old 9th October 2008, 09:28 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I do a lot of welding with my MIG welder. Also picked up a TIG welder from a boat-dwelling friend but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

At present working on my new office furniture (I work in wood and metal) where the 24" iMac and extra screen will be mounted in such a way that if they want to steal it, they'll have to take the whole u-shaped 12ft x 12ft 2" thick wood/metal desk with them.

Interesting. It is rare to see that domainer/welder. lol. Is the "they" employees or individuals that noticed your name one too many times in whois!
Old 9th October 2008, 09:56 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

Welcome on the forum )

Can you please have a look at my account

My daily revenue has a dramatic drop by more than 80% inspite of consistent same number of traffic and clicks due to keyword optimisation

Can you please help me on that and tell me any suggestion to increase the revenue again

I sent you pm containing my username

thanks alot
Gee
Old 9th October 2008, 11:06 PM

Steve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enough

Hi, Aidan.

Good to see a Namedrive representative here.
With the increase in IDN exposure, we will be seeing a definite increase in IDN traffic, and I'm thinking an increase in ad availability as well.
I would expect that because of this, the ascii pie will start to decline, to some extent.
With this in mind, Namedrive is in a very nice position, as well as Sedo, to grow with it, while the companies that ignore the IDN reality, will obviously limit their growth potential.
I do congratulate you, and Namedrive, for having the foresight to see these inevitable changes.
An addition of the Czech, language would be nice.
I certainly don't want to bash Namedrive, but at the same time, having approx 1,500 domains, between my wife and I, parked with you, I do have a problem with the revenue sharing.
I know that all the parking companies have reduced their payouts quite significantly over the last 3 years, while at the same time I keep hearing how online advertising has increased at a phenomenal rate during this time.
I know also, or have heard that feed providers, have lowered their payouts...however as noted earlier in the thread 1 cent, and 2 cent clicks, are way too prevalent.
Going forward in the IDN arena, the parking company that chooses the most rewarding revenue split with their clients, is the company that will prosper,
regardless of how long they have been in business.
As I noted before, IDNS are going to grab a much larger piece of the pie going forward, and as a result Im sure there will be additional parking companies vying for the IDN domain parking business.
It only makes sound business sense, to keep this important fact, in mind.
Old 10th October 2008, 12:50 PM

Aidan_from_NameDrive is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Aidan_from_NameDrive

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great response. I am glad to see such interest for IDN parking with NameDrive.

There have obviously been a lot of questions and I am not going to answer all of them here. For specific questions I will PM each of you. If anyone has specific questions re there ND accounts please PM me or mail me Aidan at NameDrive.com so I can look there accounts over and give a better answer.

The main question seems to be regarding language conversion for IDN countries. Obviously we realise that having IDNs with language specific ads is very important. A lot of you mentioned the Related Categories being an issue. If any of you can translate our RC please send it to me and we can implement it. ND also have a lot of new features in the pipelines which will go a long way to satisfy many of the issues that have been brought up here. More of that to come...

As I said I will PM all of you for answers to more general questions. If there are other issues please bring them up and I will get you the answers.

Have a super weekend.

Aidan
Old 10th October 2008, 12:59 PM

seamo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great response. I am glad to see such interest for IDN parking with NameDrive.

There have obviously been a lot of questions and I am not going to answer all of them here. For specific questions I will PM each of you. If anyone has specific questions re there ND accounts please PM me or mail me Aidan at NameDrive.com so I can look there accounts over and give a better answer.

The main question seems to be regarding language conversion for IDN countries. Obviously we realise that having IDNs with language specific ads is very important. A lot of you mentioned the Related Categories being an issue. If any of you can translate our RC please send it to me and we can implement it. ND also have a lot of new features in the pipelines which will go a long way to satisfy many of the issues that have been brought up here. More of that to come...

As I said I will PM all of you for answers to more general questions. If there are other issues please bring them up and I will get you the answers.

Have a super weekend.

Aidan
Aidan...you're a champ.

Namedrive is IDN parking saviour.

All hail Ed!
Old 12th October 2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
A lot of you mentioned the Related Categories being an issue. If any of you can translate our RC please send it to me and we can implement it.
Hi Aidan,

Please send me the list of your RC and I'll translate it into Japanese.

Thanks,
Ryu
Old 12th October 2008, 06:59 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Same here for Greek.