View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2012, 06:43 AM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough
Re: Chance of new gTLD delay “above zero”. What do you think?

I think the risk is about zero really. ICANN were never going to bow to the US Senate call for a delay, even if the Senate had made any good points (which they didn't). ICANN need to convey the sense of international impartiality and consensual decision making or it will spell the end of ICANN. That's not to say that there may not be some slight delays for other reasons, but I expect it is all engines go for IDN gtlds.

Having got into this game quite late, I often wonder what it would have been like to have found out about IDNs in 2005 like some here. Then again, I bet some of them wish they were Laura Snow in 2000/2001. I guess it's all relative.

It's tough to put together a reasonable portfolio now without spending some dough, but not impossible. Still opportunities for sure. I too wonder why there are 7700+ members here (apparently) but only a few actively purchasing in the auctions (and many of those are ones who've been here from the early days of the forum!).

It will be a lost opportunity if the spectators don't get themselves into gear in 2012, because in 2013 you will either be riding the wave or watching it go by.

Last edited by Jay; 2nd January 2012 at 07:02 AM..