View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2012, 08:59 PM

chrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished road
Re: Chance of new gTLD delay “above zero”. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
As I learned as a child, back in the days when the US still had a functioning education system, the US government has three branches: Executive, Legislative, and Judicial.

The trademark interests tried and failed to convince the Executive branch and the Legislative branch to stop the new gTLD program. But they haven't tried the Judicial branch yet.

So I predict the trademark interests will file a lawsuit in whatever federal court has jurisdiction over ICANN's California headquarters, to try once again to stop the program. The uncertain part is whether the court will agree to stop the program immediately, or will allow the new gTLD program to proceed while waiting for the case to come to trial.

Avtal
i hope not, but i have to agree that your prediction is highly likely. to much money involved not to have a lawsuit filed.