IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2008, 09:31 AM

Dotcom is an unknown quantity at this point
Cyrillic IDN for sale

Sold to 261275 by e-mail conversation.

Last edited by Dotcom; 27th October 2008 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: sold
Old 27th October 2008, 01:44 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road
Re: Cyrillic IDN for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotcom View Post
Sold to 261275 by e-mail conversation.
This seller pretty much has zero business ethics and I would not buy off him/her again, but nice buyer Michael.
Old 27th October 2008, 01:59 PM

Re: биржа.com for sale

I never make an agreement to sell it to you exclusively. Mike agreed to buy it for price I expected. What is your problem with this deal?

I'd like to remind you were the first person who get 1.5k quote for this domain and you declined this offer.
Your 3k offer for 5 domains batch was not adequate estimate, sorry. Please note I didn't write "laughable" as you did in email regarding this sale.
Old 27th October 2008, 02:07 PM

idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

The logic here is pretty simple.

I spent over a week (emails back and forth) negotiating a group of domains with you. Prices between 3K and 5.5K. We were close to finalization. It is a free market and I have no problem with another buyer entering, but you could have given me time to counter instead of breaking off the deal while I am sleeping.

You have completed wasted my time.
Old 27th October 2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
"laughable" as you did in email regarding this sale.
Laughable is referring to your behavior, not the actual sale.
Old 27th October 2008, 02:09 PM

Also I demand to adduce an excuse from you on this topic since you have no relations to the deal. You declined my price - I sold to another person. Don't post b/s in the business topic.

BTW I sold you ANOTHER domain and pushed domain BEFORE you made a payment. If you call it "zero business ethics" and not happy with it you may buy somewhere else. I can write once more: this deal is my and Michael's business and no one else.
Old 27th October 2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Also I request apologies from you on this topic since you have no relations to the deal. You declined my price - I sold to another person. Don't post b/s in the business topic.

BTW I sold you ANOTHER domain and pushed domain BEFORE you made a payment. If you call it "zero business ethics" and not happy with it you may buy somewhere else. I can write once more: this deal is my and Michael's business and no one else.
Sorry "friend" this is an open forum and while I won't waste much more time on this subject I will share my negative experience with others. This is the first time I openly complained since this forum opened if that is saying anything.
Old 27th October 2008, 02:18 PM

I'm sorry you didn't get what you expected for the price you expected.
We never made an agreement for this domain.
Haggling is NOT obligation for any parties involved. So don't blame me for what I never promised.
Old 27th October 2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry you didn't get what you expected for the price you expected.
We never made an agreement for this domain.
Negotiation is NOT obligation for any parties involved. So don't blame me for what I never promised.

You are right, ethics is different than law/obligation. I was nothing less than uber polite to you and you could have given me time to reply since we were discussing the trade for over a week.

Sometimes we wonder why domaining is not mainstream, here is a perfect example.
Old 27th October 2008, 03:49 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I have to disagree there. The valuation of domains has little to do with ethics. Look at the ASCII market and show me the corollary. It is all about vision, risk, courage and greed. In the case of IDNs, the vision is just not there. The rats are following a pied piper with a white stick.
Old 27th October 2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
I have to disagree there. The valuation of domains has little to do with ethics. Look at the ASCII market and show me the corollary. It is all about vision, risk, courage and greed. In the case of IDNs, the vision is just not there. The rats are following a pied piper with a white stick.
Don't get you here. I was not making any correlation between value and ethics.

At the end of the day the seller in this case obviously can do whatever he pleases, it's his domain. I just feel there is a correct way to carry yourself. Because domaining is so damn fragmented it lacks a lot of professionalism. Which quite frankly frustrates the hell out of me. I obviously stay in the game because the returns are potentially high, but in most other industries this behavior does not happen and is not tolerated.

If I could tell you how many times sellers backed out of agreed upon prices or tried to raise prices once funds are in escrow you would be shocked. I have stories, plenty of them, which will probably be fun to reveal some day.

I have pretty much put this to rest, but when I wake up to complete bollocks I have to say something.
Old 27th October 2008, 04:34 PM
Banned

Miguel is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: биржа.com for sale

Had I known that биржа.com was in play I would've jumped right in
Old 27th October 2008, 04:43 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

I think the horse has been flogged enough. Please carry on your discussion by PM, this thread has closed.
Closed Thread