IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 域名

域名 Discussion for Chinese IDN domain names. Chinese domains include .cn, .com, & .net.
This section is for discussion only Please do NOT post Chinese domains for sale here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th April 2006, 11:24 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point
Websites for domains auctions and sales

For chinese domainers like Giant or Yumi, etc, I daily check several chinese websites for domains sales and auctions. but i wonder, which ones do u recommend as a native chinese domainer? I receive help from native speakers but they are not chinese domainers as you, so im sure i must be missing some because of this.
Old 6th April 2006, 12:05 PM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer
Re: Websites for domains auctions and sales

You are welcome to visit IDNclub
Old 6th April 2006, 02:10 PM

Thanks! im gonna be checking as your site keep growing. And congrats! you are very smart on doing what u do, i will do the same with my domainforum.cn/.jp I respect this forum, though an IDN forum is a right choice to start doing them multilingual. I like the chinese/english area, it allows bilingual audience to join. Very smart. Many chinese forums i can only join when my native chinese assistants help me to post in chinese.

But do u visit eachnic and the others mainland chinese domain forums? which ones do u visit? thanks!
Old 6th April 2006, 03:54 PM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough

Thanks idnceo,

I've visit 金米论坛 sometimes, but it seems that IDN was not so popular in there (China) at moment.

金米论坛 - http://www.kingnic.com/bbs/index.jsp

Ps. Are you the [idnaffiliates] on IDNclub ?
Old 6th April 2006, 03:56 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNer
Thanks idnceo,

I've visit 金米论坛 sometimes, but it seems that IDN was not so popular in there (China) at moment.

金米论坛 - http://www.kingnic.com/bbs/index.jsp

Ps. Are you the [idnaffiliates] on IDNclub ?

No that would be me
Old 6th April 2006, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
No that would be me

Yes, I find it shown on your signature now ~

Thanks for join us, my English is very poor, but I'll do my best...
Old 6th April 2006, 04:45 PM

kenne is an unknown quantity at this point

I visit eachnic every week. not for the sales, just the information.
Old 6th April 2006, 04:52 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
For chinese domainers like Giant or Yumi, etc, I daily check several chinese websites for domains sales and auctions. but i wonder, which ones do u recommend as a native chinese domainer? I receive help from native speakers but they are not chinese domainers as you, so im sure i must be missing some because of this.

First you have to decide whether you want to invest in Taiwanese or mainland Chinese terms - many terms are different - much more than UK versus US English.
Old 6th April 2006, 10:36 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
Yes, the forum Kenne mentioned (eachnic.com) is very popular in China. There is another one for auction www.domainpricing.com.

I first visited these 2 sites in 2000, but they never improve, they are not up to my standard.

It's very hard to run a successful forum with auctions in China, I can't list all the reasons because there are too many. The 2 sites above are owned by 2 largest Domain Registrars in China, are you confident that you can beat them?

Let me show you the first problem you could have.

Any site wants to succeed in China has to have a domain name with extention Dot Com!

Have you seen these company use Dot CN?

CCTV.com, Sina.com, Tom.com, Sohu.com, Baidu.com, Alibaba.com...

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 6th April 2006 at 10:41 PM..
Old 6th April 2006, 10:58 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Idner,

the Greek term "υποδοχή" you have on your logo actually means "reception"

The correct term for "welcome" is "καλώς ήλθατε" or "καλώς ήρθατε".
Old 7th April 2006, 01:27 AM

Thank you very much yanni
Old 7th April 2006, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant

Let me show you the first problem you could have. Any site wants to succeed in China has to have a domain name with extention Dot Com! Have you seen these company use Dot CN?CCTV.com, Sina.com, Tom.com, Sohu.com, Baidu.com, Alibaba.com...
Thanks for the advice Giant!

Regarding what i think is a comment for my 域名论坛.cn -anyway im not asking because of this but im asking about sales or auctions websites because i tried to get interesting domains at good prices and those forums have been a nice place-, anyway for 域名论坛.cn well the way i see all these websites started billions of years ago in the .com boom preinternautic era thats why ascii .com.....or which one of them are using IDNs? None, give some years to IDNs, and then we will see which idn .com or .cn or both. You cant be sure IDN.com will be better in 5 years than IDN.cn because they arent being used and we gotta wait to see the role of the chinese government when IDNs will be used massively, to support .cn or to ban easily foreign .com's I would like to see in 2008 China banning easily foreign .com for my nationalistic .cn approach portfolio

By the way, I think Giant u got awesome stuff, my envy is huge. Congrats!