View Single Post
Old 28th April 2012, 09:01 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road
Re: Question - Building a self sustaining portfolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
I happen to think that latins idns (especially Portuguese) are the best and safest investment
i am not sure if they are the "best" investment but some latin IDNs changes are useful.

the question is which ones will be useful and which not? one has to really understand the language to know this.

i am a german native speaker for example and i can tell you that ü,ö,ä are quite nice in domain names. THE ß however isn't that useful IMO.

a name like bücher.de(books) is definitely much better than buecher.de(acceptaböe because people got used to it) and bucher.de (not good because the name loses it's meaning and looks unprofessional)

so long term bücher.de will be far more worth than buecher.de and of course bucher.de(which probably wouldn't be used anyway) IMO (if it isn't already)

the "ß" however can be replaced by a double s "ss" without harming the name or meaning.

take straße.de (street) for example. I would prefer strasse.de to be honest.

Last edited by 123; 28th April 2012 at 09:15 PM..