IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   I got the traditional, how and when will i be able to use the simplified? (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1988-i-got-the-traditional-how-and-when-will-i-be-able-to-use-the-simplified.html)

idnceo 7th April 2006 05:20 PM

I got the traditional, how and when will i be able to use the simplified?

I got a question, i know if i have the tradional for a kanji .com nobody can register the simplified because it gives the variant error; good for me but when and how can i use the simplified as well? will i have the right to use both? or im screwed with a traditional kanji useful for japan but not for mainland china? :confused:

As an advice, for those who are greedy like me, when u find a kanji available in .com and .jp , register the traditional on .jp and the simplified on .com! i learnt my lesson.

Anyway will i also receive permission to use the simplified, yes or not? the simplified will be forwarded to the traditional kanji? I must eat my traditional .com forever? and nobody will ever use the simplified? what a shame i did! :confused:

thefabfive 7th April 2006 05:29 PM

Re: I got the traditional, how and when will i be able to use the simplified?

Take a look at Touchring's thread a little while ago -

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1855...-variants.html

It doesn't appear to be on Verisign's radar at the moment. Maybe sometime in the future.

idnceo 7th April 2006 05:57 PM

thanks! Then it is official that im temporarily screwed and who knows until when.

i must pay more attention to this because i cant believe i was so stupid to take the traditional .com when i also had the .jp to register. Next time .com in simplified and .jp in traditional for kanjis. Lesson learned.

touchring 7th April 2006 06:42 PM

Please do not anticipate that they will let you register the simplified chinese version - it will be chaotic for situations in which there are 3 or more variants - e.g. Kanji, Simplified and Traditional, one example is "real estate", which has 3 variants.

If Kanjia and Traditional are taken by different persons, which of them should have rights to Simplified??

idnceo 7th April 2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touchring
Please do not anticipate that they will let you register the simplified chinese version - it will be chaotic for situations in which there are 3 or more variants - e.g. Kanji, Simplified and Traditional, one example is "real estate", which has 3 variants.

If Kanjia and Traditional are taken by different persons, which of them should have rights to Simplified??

It does look like a mess. I have seen so many kanjis that were taken in traditional instead of kanjis that i wonder why did they do it? I recognized i also made a mistake.

Which ones are you taking?i mean what do u got when u got a kanji that u know if it has commercial value in simplified in china and in traditional in japan? simplified and try to get a .jp? i guess i ll have to do so, i wasnt paying attention to this issue as i should have done. Stupid me!

touchring 7th April 2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idnceo
It does look like a mess. I have seen so many kanjis that were taken in traditional instead of kanjis that i wonder why did they do it? I recognized i also made a mistake.

Which ones are you taking?i mean what do u got when u got a kanji that u know if it has commercial value in simplified in china and in traditional in japan? simplified and try to get a .jp? i guess i ll have to do so, i wasnt paying attention to this issue as i should have done. Stupid me!

Sorry, when i mean Kanji - i mean the japanese form. Sometimes, the traditional chinese form is different from the japanese form.

And in many cases, the Kanji is actually the simplified form, like 中国, this is Kanji and also simplified chinese. Taiwanese use 中國.

I think we're lucky Koreans are using Hangul instead of Hanja, otherwise, all the words will be taken.

IMO, the Japanese variant is "far far far" more valuable than the simplified Chinese variant, so you should not regret registering the japanese form.

IDNCowboy 7th April 2006 08:26 PM

They might not give you both forms... It is just a speculator idea atm due to the blocked words.