IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > NameDrive

NameDrive For discussion of NameDrive's parking program. NameDrive offers an IDN compatible parking program to monetize your domains via PPC.
Click here for NameDrive Signup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2008, 03:54 PM

Aidan_from_NameDrive is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Aidan_from_NameDrive
NameDrive RS go live

Hi everyone,

NameDrive have been working with some of the active members here on IDNforums to get our Related Searches translated into even more languages. We realise the importance of the IDN market and this just shows again that we are willing to implement ideas that you guys have.

Our own Mr Blogs was very happy to see the new RS go live: http://blog.namedrive.com/?p=370.

With the help of Ryu, Yanni, Alexd, Selldom, Rosjan, Glownames, Bramiozo, Bandaid and Nikel we have sucessfully translated Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Greek and Bulgarian to go live. These languages can be added to English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish and Dutch in our list of live RS.

We are still hoping to get more translated so if your language is missing please get in touch.

A very big thanks to Alphamale who has been corresponding with me over the past few weeks to get this organised.

Have a great weekend.

Aidan
Old 28th November 2008, 04:01 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough
Re: NameDrive RS go live

Very nice!
Old 28th November 2008, 05:05 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Great news....thanks Namedrive. Aidan, we had doubled up on translating Spanish not realizing that was also happening internally at the ND end; if you want me to double check your translations against our sheets pm me for my email. For some Spanish terms, there are different ways of saying things depending on whether you are in Mexico or Uruguay, and then event different from Spain. Even an accent mark can change a word and its meaning.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 28th November 2008 at 07:31 PM..
Old 28th November 2008, 05:43 PM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Aiden and many thanks to those that translated.
Old 29th November 2008, 02:50 AM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer

No Chinese language ?
Old 29th November 2008, 06:38 PM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

Woo HOOO! First 'ALL RUSSIAN' page.

Looks like CTR will be moving up!:D
Old 29th November 2008, 07:24 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNer View Post
No Chinese language ?
Nope. Nobody volunteered to translate. But be my guest, just PM me.
Old 29th November 2008, 07:50 PM
Banned

Miguel is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: NameDrive RS go live

Der Yiddish Stands Alone...
Old 30th November 2008, 03:46 PM

trapezoid is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent job!!!
Old 1st December 2008, 08:48 AM

nikel is an unknown quantity at this point

10/10
Old 8th December 2008, 12:01 PM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Hi Aidan,

Thanks again for getting this job done.

I have another suggestion regarding these RS of ND.

Is it possible to somehow fixate RS languages regardless of where ppl or search spiders access parked pages from?

At the moment, RS are shown in native languages only if people visit the pages from countries where the languages are native.

But when it comes to IDNs, it doesn't really matter where people are accessing from.. Those who access IDNs of specific languages do speak languages anyway wherever they are located.

Also, it is important to get the pages indexed with RS in native languages. At the moment, it seems that depends on where search spiders come from. But with IDNs, it should be indexed in languages of the IDNs, wherever search spiders come from.

I wrote this in rush, but hopefully, i am making enough sense. I'd appreciate your response. thank you.
Old 8th December 2008, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Yes, the ability to "lock" a particular domain to a particular language would do wonders.

Most of my english language domains that I have developed change language with browser settings, but all my IDN's are locked to the specific language.
Old 17th December 2008, 08:34 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have IDNs (or any domains for that matter) locked to a particular language. The returned ads are based on the users IP - it is something we would of course like to implement but it is simply out of our hands.

Aidan
Old 17th December 2008, 11:08 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan_from_NameDrive View Post
We are still hoping to get more translated so if your language is missing please get in touch.

Yes, I have a lot of finnish domains at namedrive and I could do finnish translations if you just give me the list of terms/phrases.

Old 17th December 2008, 03:40 PM

PM sent
Old 17th December 2008, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan_from_NameDrive View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have IDNs (or any domains for that matter) locked to a particular language. The returned ads are based on the users IP - it is something we would of course like to implement but it is simply out of our hands.

Aidan
We're not talking about the ad's returned, we're talking about the rest of the page
Old 19th December 2008, 04:12 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the kind of value-added activity and cooperation that ought to be coming from this community. Great work guys!
Old 5th January 2009, 12:30 PM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
We're not talking about the ad's returned, we're talking about the rest of the page
Absolutely. We are talking about those RS menus and categories that a team of IDNF members translated into local languages.