IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2006, 07:19 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni
Re: How many domains u register per day or week on average?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Domain names' value cannot be measured by the size of the economy alone.
My statement was mostly in regards to "earnings" from your domains, not resale.

Economy is a MAJOR factor. Japanese families have disposable income. According to your statement below, Chinese families are in the stage of furnishing their homes. I think a computer, a domain name or even a credit card for online purchases will be in the near future. In the meantime, I can sell to the Japanese right now.

Let's face it, many of us will be stuck with a lot of domains at the end of this game. Traffic consideration is an important factor for anyone's business plan, and the QUALITY of that traffic is far more important. I'll take 100 visitors from Germany over 10,000 from Uganda for example.

Ultimately, it all comes down to each individual's game plan. I'm not a reseller; I use my domains to sell stuff and that's how I make my living.

Quote:
-China is developing, the Chinese families are still in the stage of furnishing their homes. Japanese homes have everything they need. Who do you think would have the greater potential purchasing power?
The ones with disposable income. And, incidentally, nobody really has everything. Otherwise companies would have stopped producing a loong time ago.

Quote:
-Chinese domain names will be used by 100 million overseas Chinese too, that will make Chinese domains true global domain names. The demand for Chinese domain names will exceed that of Japanese's.
Most likely you're correct. What remains to be seen is the prices they will be willing to pay for them.
Old 11th April 2006, 05:31 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni
Economy is a MAJOR factor. Japanese families have disposable income.
No doubt about that. But to say the Chinese families have no spare money to buy would be a BIG mistake.

You probably think I am joking here, but I am not.

Since I have frequently stayed in China in the last few years, I have seen the purchasing power of the Chinese. Their buying power is so great that I decided not to do business in Canada any more. I prefer China!

If you have been to China, or better yet, if you have done some business in China, you know what I am talking about.

When we try to estimate the potential of the internet in China, we have to look at the policy of the government and the special circumstances of China. China is a very large country with so many people, internet is extremely important in bettering China and the life of its people. The government know that, they have invested a lot of money for the infrastructure and they will be putting in more.

I am very sure, in the future, most net users in China will do their purchases ONLINE.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 11th April 2006 at 05:39 PM..
Old 11th April 2006, 05:40 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni
Economy is a MAJOR factor.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4898740.stm
Old 12th April 2006, 05:10 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got some estimate figures for E-commerce in China by Small and Medium companies.

About 39 Billion US in 2008.
About 47 Billion US in 2009.

发布时间:2006年4月10日

企业的信息化程度是国家信息化建设的基础和关键,而占中国企业绝大多数的中小企业是组成中国企业的基石。因此,中小企业信息化的水平在某种程度上反映了中国企业信息化的现状,自从2004年中国把电子商务列为中国信息化建设的重要任务之后,各地政府根据国务院办公厅关于加快电子商务发展的若干意见,抓紧拟定了中国关于加快电子商务发展的实施意见,从政策上为中国电子商务的发展提供了保障。中国中小企业电子商务主体的交易模式B2B,其中工业信息服务业电子商务占据了交易的主导,从行业的角度来看,无论是开展电子商务企业的数量,还是电子商务交易额,工业信息服务业电子商务占主导地位。绝大部分中小企业认为他们从事电子商务的效益明显。网上交易对降低销售成本、降低采购成本、缩短库存周期等方面的贡献很大。信息化建设为中小企业搭建起电子商务快车,为中小企业业务提供了一条新的营销渠道。

计世资讯(CCW Research)预计,2005年中国中小企业电子商务交易额为1938.7亿元,较2004年增加了16.8%,继续保持了高速的发展趋势。2009年中国中小企业电子商务交易额将达到3758.5亿元,五年的复合增长率为18%。“十一五”时期是中国发展电子商务的关键时期和高速成长时期,中小企业的电子商务建设和应用将进入理性发展阶段。通过对跨区域、跨行业的各种高度专业化信息服务平台的应用,将使企业获得技术革新优势,改变传统经营管理模式,缩短市场反应时间,降低成本,提高产品质量和服务品质,增强企业的竞争力。随着中国加入WTO和世界经济一体化进程的加快,企业生存与发展不再是孤立的,大多数中小企业必须实现信息化才能融入和紧密联系在这个经济生态链中。目前中小企业出于规模、资金、人才等方面的限制,在信息化建设投入和应用水平等方面远远低于大型企业,但各类信息服务平台的发展,将为大多数中小企业信息化建设与应用形成支撑并提供机遇。

图表 : 2005-2009年中小企业信息化电子商务交易额预测

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 13th April 2006 at 06:05 AM..