View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2012, 03:26 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
re: Microsoft software blocks Symbol Domains

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNer View Post
I don't want to argue with anybody, but I'd like to say that -

Symbol itself have nothing wrong with the internet either.
Symbol itself have nothing wrong with the domain name either.
Symbol itself had nothing to do with the "decision" either

Try to prevent the Internet crimes, that's fine
but the human being not all are the criminal !
It was decided many moons ago by the IETF to change from a system based on "exclude specific Unicode codepoints" to an "include specific Unicode codepoints" system.

If you want to know why they made this decision (in 2001 or 2002 or whatever it was, so long ago now I forget), all their discussions are available on their totally public mailing lists. The discussion are lengthy, often boring, and sometimes quite involved.

But the bottom line is symbol domains have been history since the day this forum opened. And yet seven years later people still seem amazed or confused as to who made the decision or just plain annoyed that its happened.

Time to move on bro, fry other fish. Seven years should be enough time to get over a dead duck.