Thread: War, anybody?
View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2012, 10:54 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough
Re: War, anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
The world after the dismemberment of the Soviet Union and the collapse of the capitalist-neoliberal experiment ran to the era of numerous conflicts merged.
Gentlemen, welcome to the years of redistribution of the already divided world! The shadow of Lenin and Stalin smile. Prevent global transition to the stage of the Great Recession world turmoil is impossible.
Калашников Максим 20.09.2012
I don't agree with this analysis. The author (ironically named Kalashnikov, like the weapon) has been watching too much RT.

RT (the well-known Russian TV network) has one primary task: keep Vladimir Putin in power. To do this, they show stories whose purpose is to convince viewers of the following:
  • Western-style electoral democracy leads to chaos, in developed and developing nations;
  • Western-style economic policies lead to disaster;
  • Russia is surrounded by unfriendly countries;
  • Russia faces internal threats, including Western-financed dissidents and Chechen terrorists;
  • Russia needs a firm hand on the tiller, and Vladimir Putin is the man to provide this.
Chinese media show similar stories, for a similar purpose; only the names are different.

The trouble with watching RT exclusively is that it causes the viewer to make incorrect predictions, due to incomplete and incorrect information. So here are my counter-predictions, based of course on the non-RT media I watch, which perhaps have their own biases:
  • The richest areas of the globe (including US/Canada, Europe, and Japan) will, despite the recession, remain rich.
  • Though the Euro zone may shrink, the European Union will remain intact.
  • The UK, Spain, and Belgium (!) will not descend into civil war and ethnic cleansing.
  • China will not invade Russian Siberia.
  • The current China-Japan dispute will not turn into a full-fledged war.
  • The US will not disengage from Europe and Asia (though I realize that there are some Europeans and Asians who wish that it would).
I'm going to avoid any predictions about the Middle East. The long-term future of China is somewhat worrisome, as the leaders of China would themselves admit (big country, poor country, the potential for chaos lurking beneath the surface). And the long-term future of Russia depends on whether it can find a better system of government than Putinism.

Avtal