IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > Politics, Philosophy and Economics

Politics, Philosophy and Economics Discuss world events, politics, philosophy and economics.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26th December 2008, 01:01 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 345
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 0
later777 is an unknown quantity at this point
President Bush is second most admired man in US

WASHINGTON (AFP) – President-elect Barack Obama has replaced US President George W. Bush as the most admired man in America, according to a poll published Friday in the USA Today newspaper.

One-third of the 1,008 respondents surveyed named Obama as their first or second choice, with Bush falling to a distant second after seven years as the country's most-admired man.
Among men, John McCain -- Obama's defeated Republican rival for the presidency -- ranked third and three others tied for fourth place: Pope Benedict XVI, the Reverend Billy Graham and former president Bill Clinton.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081226...spoliticsobama

Well, Hmmmm..... No comment. Just FYI.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26th December 2008, 03:19 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4519
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: President Bush is second most admired man in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by later777 View Post
WASHINGTON (AFP) – President-elect Barack Obama has replaced US President George W. Bush as the most admired man in America, according to a poll published Friday in the USA Today newspaper.

One-third of the 1,008 respondents surveyed named Obama as their first or second choice, with Bush falling to a distant second after seven years as the country's most-admired man.
Among men, John McCain -- Obama's defeated Republican rival for the presidency -- ranked third and three others tied for fourth place: Pope Benedict XVI, the Reverend Billy Graham and former president Bill Clinton.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081226...spoliticsobama

Well, Hmmmm..... No comment. Just FYI.
Did they just canvass the GOP caucuses or something?
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26th December 2008, 08:11 PM
Drewbert's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (20)
Rep Power: 0
Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: President Bush is second most admired man in US

I think they handed out free kool-aid sachets first, then waited until the drink was all gone, THEN asked the questions.
__________________
It's all jaded style to me.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 27th December 2008, 06:35 AM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4519
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: President Bush is second most admired man in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
I think they handed out free kool-aid sachets first, then waited until the drink was all gone, THEN asked the questions.
Loyalty of the American public seems to largely revolve around how much credit they can lay their hands on.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/26/bush.poll/

It is all a bit quaint really. In Britain a politician would struggle to get into the top 20. It would more likely be filled with Reality TV persona.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 27th December 2008, 05:50 PM
Drewbert's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (20)
Rep Power: 0
Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: President Bush is second most admired man in US

It's like they want to crown a king or something isn't it?

Sheesh. The POTUS is an EMPLOYEE. You didn't vote him in to admire him, you voted him in to do the job properly.

Save the admiration for people who do good work without being paid for it.
__________________
It's all jaded style to me.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 27th December 2008, 05:52 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4519
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: President Bush is second most admired man in US

Why didn't they bloody say. They could have Charlie boy for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
It's like they want to crown a king or something isn't it?

Sheesh. The POTUS is an EMPLOYEE. You didn't vote him in to admire him, you voted him in to do the job properly.

Save the admiration for people who do good work without being paid for it.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:32 AM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54