IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2006, 09:20 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point
Ads on parking site, are from google or yahoo?

1.) I wonder about the japanese ads i see on parking sites are from what companies bid on google or on yahoo? Or the parking sites have their affiliates to show ads?

2.) And second question, if some company bids lets say over ¥1500 for a keyword and u own the keyword in .com and .jp, what do u do? parking or to develop and to use adsense? i have tried to do the simplest website and put the adsense ads from google, after all i m seeing the bids from google japan are higher than yahoo japan. Sometimes in google is ¥1500 but in yahoo ¥900.

3.) and final question, whats the most expensive bid u have seen for a japanese keyword on google? The most expensive japanese keyword i have seen until now on google is one keyword with an avg. CPC of ¥4600-¥5850 (about $45-$55). Anyone have discovered something higher? I wish they were mine! Dont say the keyword , just the bids it has. copycats will go to register it on any imaginable way.

thanks! im newbie, i wanna see whats best for some domains with high bids.

Last edited by idnceo; 11th April 2006 at 09:29 AM..
Old 11th April 2006, 09:43 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ads on parking site, are from google or yahoo?

Yes, i can see that the best way to make money from Japanese domains is not parking, but creating mini-sites with Google adsense. If you have keywords that can fetch max ¥4600-¥5850 on Google, you should be able to earn about 10-20% of that on average per click - this far exceeds any parking income.
Old 11th April 2006, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Yes, i can see that the best way to make money from Japanese domains is not parking, but creating mini-sites with Google adsense. If you have keywords that can fetch max ¥4600-¥5850 on Google, you should be able to earn about 10-20% of that on average per click - this far exceeds any parking income.
Thanks Touchring, you are always very nice to reply my newbie questions.

but please can u tell me the highest bid u have seen on a keyword? i really wonder! even when i know they are taken, i wanna know if there are japanese keywords with bids over $60 or even $70. This one ¥4600-¥5850 has ovt. 31.000, not much but the bids are the highest i have seen.

if not adsense, then what pays more? affiliates? parking looks like a rip off to me but helpful anyway.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:00 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
Thanks Touchring, you are always very nice to reply my newbie questions.

but please can u tell me the highest bid u have seen on a keyword? i really wonder! even when i know they are taken, i wanna know if there are japanese keywords with bids over $60 or even $70. This one ¥4600-¥5850 has ovt. 31.000, not much but the bids are the highest i have seen.

if not adsense, then what pays more? affiliates? parking looks like a rip off to me but helpful anyway.
Max bid doesn't really matter, what matters is the 2nd highest bid. I've seen a keyword with 10000 yen, but the 2nd bid is only 100 yen. Google and Yahoo will always use the 2nd highest - it's like Dutch auction, you pay only 1 notch above the next bid.
Old 11th April 2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Max bid doesn't really matter, what matters is the 2nd highest bid. I've seen a keyword with 10000 yen, but the 2nd bid is only 100 yen. Google and Yahoo will always use the 2nd highest - it's like Dutch auction, you pay only 1 notch above the next bid.
you have broken my hopes to get rich with high bids keywords. :p I ll check it out more then about the second bid for the keywords. : (
Old 11th April 2006, 11:51 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
you have broken my hopes to get rich with high bids keywords. :p I ll check it out more then about the second bid for the keywords. : (
Like any other auction, it takes two non-collusive bidders to get a fair price!