IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2006, 06:24 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
The great morality test

On my travels this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a vey well known internet telephony company name hadn't been registered.

With a 137,000 overture and bids, maybe idn-ers are exempt from the temptations of regging all and any trademarks.

I'll be keeping an eye on this name...

Last edited by alpha; 12th April 2006 at 08:46 AM..
Old 12th April 2006, 08:58 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: The great morality test

I know a few that are just nicknames of stuff that have high overture ratings still free plus plenty of typos...
I've left them for now but also I do check to see if people grabbed them...
Old 12th April 2006, 10:07 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
I know a few that are just nicknames of stuff that have high overture ratings still free plus plenty of typos...
I've left them for now but also I do check to see if people grabbed them...
Cmon Olney, you just didnt see enough value or priority to take them, the same than everyone. Im sorry to say this to you but this sentence "I've left them for now...." sounds arrogant like if we are following your steps to see what u leaves us.

In that case, Digirock, the foreigners and the native japanese who started on 2001 have also left 10.000.000 idns as well for u to start just registering last year...and me this year...happy grabbing.

Sorry but i dont see any guru who registered top domains in 2001 in here. Yeah i do believe you guys got more experience, some guys got great drops but thats it. But i dislike when people look down on newbies or to pretend they know all. "I've left them for now...." i wonder what u leave me to register today...
Old 12th April 2006, 10:10 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
Cmon Olney, you just didnt see enough value or priority to take them, the same than everyone. Im sorry to say this to you but this sentence "I've left them for now...." sounds arrogant like if we are following your steps to see what u leaves us.

In that case, Digirock, the foreigners and the native japanese who started on 2001 have also left 10.000.000 idns as well for u to start just registering last year...and me this year...happy grabbing.

Sorry but i dont see any guru who registered top domains in 2001 in here. Yeah i do believe you guys got more experience, some guys got great drops but thats it. But i dislike when people look down on newbies or to pretend they know all. "I've left them for now...." i wonder what u leave me to register today...
ever heard that expression "one mans rubbish is another mans treasure.."?
I don't doubt that people like Olney have stumbled across names and left them - but just because they pass them over, as in their opinion they are not in the same calibre as what they already have, is not the same as arrogantly handing them out to the poor newbie.

if we were all vacuum's like Edwin (no offense meant) - then there would be nothing for anyone.

is it just me, or has this forum got all fiesty all of a sudden

Last edited by alpha; 12th April 2006 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12th April 2006, 10:55 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
is not the same as arrogantly handing them out to the poor newbie. if we were all vacuum's like Edwin (no offense meant) - then there would be nothing for anyone.

is it just me, or has this forum got all fiesty all of a sudden
I understand your point. Fiesty? i dont know what it means . Anyway it is better to hear what people really think, than to hear what u only want to hear, dont u think? i didnt want to offend, i just want it to say i see the comment arrogant to newbies, thats it.

my way to see things is very humble, japanese style, u got a nice domain, u say is bad; you got money, u say u r poor; u r smart, u say u r stupid; u learn something, u say u r a newbie; u register some domains, u dont call them premium but terrible ones, etc. anyway this is in japan and china. and yeah all my domains are crap, not kidding.

apologies if being honest is not good in other countries.
Old 12th April 2006, 10:55 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Actually I care less about registering eveything even everything good.
I care more about development.
If I get typos & nicknames of certain products etc...
It's not really my focus.
Yes I leave some....
I've left Happening (equivalent of oops), Happening Bar (swinging club) etc... for about a month.
These are the high overture stuff that's still left.

I got a choice...
I'm in Japan, I got connections with most of the internet marketing companies in Japan anyway.
I don't want to be a domainer forever. I want to develop high traffic Japanese sites.
The ones I sell or lease out will fund it.

So yeah I know a pretty good product slang OVT 47315 one term...
Am I leaving it...
Yes....
Is it interesting... Yes....
Do I want to rush out & get it...
Nah... not really.

Also I very well put up good domains I know I could have instantly got a high amount for but choose to put them on auction since I got a lot of good domains.

No one really bit even though they were dirt cheap. I don't want to own everything. I'll have no need to...

Last edited by Olney; 12th April 2006 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12th April 2006, 04:35 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Bless their souls!

Quote:
If you search back to the beginning of the appraisal/general thread, you'll see at least 3 members with amazing domains registered during the testbed.
Old 21st April 2006, 07:36 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
On my travels this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a vey well known internet telephony company name hadn't been registered.

With a 137,000 overture and bids, maybe idn-ers are exempt from the temptations of regging all and any trademarks.

I'll be keeping an eye on this name...

Shame on you.

Domain Name: xn--eckn5byh.com (スカイプ.com)
Registrar: Spot Domain LLC

Expiration Date: 2007-04-19 16:25:26
Creation Date: 2006-04-19 14:26:47