IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2006, 03:48 PM

jenni is an unknown quantity at this point
ˉ.com

Any idea how much ˉ.com(Punycode: xn--zqa.com) is worth? Does it stand for anything? I don't know anything about IDN's. Thank You in advance for all your help!
Old 12th April 2006, 04:02 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: ˉ.com

How do you type it?
What language is it in?

These are the kinds of things you might want to know for special characters.
If you don't know then potential buyers usually won't either.
Old 12th April 2006, 04:07 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
How do you type it?
What language is it in?

These are the kinds of things you might want to know for special characters.
If you don't know then potential buyers usually won't either.
Yes, and obviously not to be confused with the Arabic Glotal Stop!

xn--chb.com ـ.com Hamza Arabic
Old 12th April 2006, 04:11 PM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

another of my newbie question, when i was reading on ICANN about when u register a traditional domain if i get the simplified, i read that from the punycode u can tell the language or i misunderstood? xn--zqa.com the zqa for instance, the first z or za doesnt stand for a particular language? or from the punycode u just dont get anything related to the language? i do think on ICANN was something about reading punycode somehow but i dont remember exactly. Or i completely misunderstood?
Old 12th April 2006, 04:15 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
another of my newbie question, when i was reading on ICANN about when u register a traditional domain if i get the simplified, i read that from the punycode u can tell the language or i misunderstood? xn--zqa.com the zqa for instance, the first z or za doesnt stand for a particular language? or from the punycode u just dont get anything related to the language? i do think on ICANN was something about reading punycode somehow but i dont remember exactly. Or i completely misunderstood?
No that doesn't work as Simplified and Traditional and often exactly the same anyway.

Very difficult a lot of the Arabic names give themselves away from the punycode because a lot start with the article. Anything else your just wasting your time. Best to use bulk punycode converter such as www.idntools.net

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 12th April 2006 at 04:41 PM..
Old 12th April 2006, 04:17 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

It is more complicated. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punycode

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3492.txt?number=3492
Old 12th April 2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
No that doesn't work as Simplified and Traditional and often exactly the same anyway.
thanks! R. Duck but i mean from any language, from the punycode u dont get a single clue about the domain language? for instance, if we talk about chinese ones.

xn--czrw28b.com traditional 商業 business
xn--vhqr8o.com simplified 商业 business

there is any kind of "code" there that tells you just from the punycode that is a chinese domain? Maybe i saw many times the movie A beautiful mind...
Old 12th April 2006, 04:28 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
thanks! R. Duck but i mean from any language, from the punycode u dont get a single clue about the domain language? for instance, if we talk about chinese ones.

xn--czrw28b.com traditional 商業 business
xn--vhqr8o.com simplified 商业 business

there is any kind of "code" there that tells you just from the punycode that is a chinese domain? Maybe i saw many times the movie A beautiful mind...
I tried to find the answer to this question 2 years ago. I remember the answer is NO.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 12th April 2006, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
I tried to find the answer to this question 2 years ago. I remember the answer is NO.
thanks! got it. 8)