IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   IDN Rating System (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/idn-rating-system/)
-   -   商业.tv business.tv simplified chinese (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2078-%E5%95%86%E4%B8%9A-tv-business-tv-simplified-chinese.html)

idnceo 12th April 2006 04:55 PM

商业.tv business.tv simplified chinese
 
I was mentioning about business but i wonder what u guys think about this one 商业.tv
after all it is mine

resuls 商业
google china 78,800,000
yahoo china 110,000,000

us. ovt
business 商业 651
Shanghai 880
Beijing 681
Adult 3828
US 381
computer 298


pros.

.com .net were registered in traditional in 2001 and .cn is reserved, so there is not simplifid domain in any of these extensions in use .com .net .cn
$1.000.000 per year for business.tv

cons:

all the cons you can imagine, starting by the fact, in china .tv is almost unknown. Anyway i just want it to believe my consolation domain is worth something. Who knows maybe in 10 years business.tv 商业.tv will pay off.

Note: i wonder who gave me a 3, i know it is bad but cmon a 3? : ( there are more users in simplified chinese than in english and in a few years, that number will increase. so a 3?!!

thefabfive 12th April 2006 05:05 PM

Re: 商业.tv business.tv simplified chinese
 
While the keyword is obviously great I don't think it works well with the extension. It's a shame there's no Simplified form of business in any of the extensions. That's alot of traffic that will be missed. Maybe your domain will attract someone's attention, but they could also register the .cc if they really wanted the term 'business'.

idnceo 12th April 2006 05:08 PM

Re: 商业.tv business.tv simplified chinese
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thefabfive
While the keyword is obviously great I don't think it works well with the extension. It's a shame there's no Simplified form of business in any of the extensions. That's alot of traffic that will be missed. Maybe your domain will attract someone's attention, but they could also register the .cc if they really wanted the term 'business'.

yeah it is amazing how they did that, anyway the tradional registrations occured on 2001, i guess they didnt have an online dictionary for simplified chinese and they use one from taiwan! :p they really missed the jackpot.

thegenius1 12th April 2006 05:12 PM

Re: 商业.tv business.tv simplified chinese
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thefabfive
While the keyword is obviously great I don't think it works well with the extension. It's a shame there's no Simplified form of business in any of the extensions. That's alot of traffic that will be missed. Maybe your domain will attract someone's attention, but they could also register the .cc if they really wanted the term 'business'.

If it cost 1 million a year in english you picked up a Awesome Reg , it might take more development than the average Dot. Tv "fit" but there are many things you can do with this one ... I think its a great pickup :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by idnceo
cons:

all the cons you can imagine, starting by the fact, in china .tv is almost unknown. Anyway i just want it to believe my consolation domain is worth something. Who knows maybe in 10 years business.tv 商业.tv will pay off.

Note: i wonder who gave me a 3, i know it is bad but cmon a 3? : (


For 1 its not bad
and for 2 i think a 3 is ridicoulous , but everyone is entilted to there opinion... And also i dont live in china but i seen a Boatload of list of developed Dot TV's ( not by speculators ) Ends users.... So they know about it and except it... the person who posted the list took it down probably because they are vacuming up all the chinese ones ... while we make statements that they dont use them or "if " dot Tv takes off...

idnceo 12th April 2006 05:17 PM

Re: 商业.tv business.tv simplified chinese
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thegenius1
If it cost 1 million a year in english you picked up a Awesome Reg , it might take more development than the average Dot. Tv "fit" but there are many things you can do with this one ... I think its a great pickup :)

Genius, it is just a consolation prize for me to think i have "business" :p , maybe if the .com .net simplified never come available or it is never given to the guys who own the tradional, by force i guess this one gets higher value. but i think to register this one in .cc is insane! it is already crazy in .tv, but at least .tv mean tv. it is a gamble anyway, im sure someone was gonna take it sooner or later in .tv so better me.

thefabfive 12th April 2006 05:33 PM

Re: 商业.tv business.tv simplified chinese
 
I was the one that gave it a 3. I don't necessarily think it's bad but I think it would take alot of work to make it into something. I don't think 'business' and .tv work that well together.

'business' in either the .com or .net would get a 10, but considering the extension and the lack of synergy (my perception at least) I dropped it down to a 3.

But consider also that I don't think news.tv is Chinese would get a 10. It's certainly up there, maybe a 6 or so, but the fact is that it will not get the traffic that a .com or .net would. And this fact alone drops the ranking in my opinion.

I hope I'm wrong.

idnceo 12th April 2006 05:41 PM

Re: 商业.tv business.tv simplified chinese
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thefabfive
I was the one that gave it a 3. I don't necessarily think it's bad but I think it would take alot of work to make it into something. I don't think 'business' and .tv work that well together.

'business' in either the .com or .net would get a 10, but considering the extension and the lack of synergy (my perception at least) I dropped it down to a 3.

But consider also that I don't think news.tv is Chinese would get a 10. It's certainly up there, maybe a 6 or so, but the fact is that it will not get the traffic that a .com or .net would. And this fact alone drops the ranking in my opinion.

I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks! Thefabfive, i understand your point. i dont see much matching either, but i do still wonder why .tv corporation is so insane to charge one million $ per year. My 5 reasons to take it, were price charged by business.tv, that simplified wasnt available in .com and .net coz taken in tradional, simplified business.cn was reserved as gold keyword , the US Ovt. is very good and what the heck i wanted to own the keyword business! :p

i think if i develop i should get very high position in results for business in mainland search engines, not?

thefabfive 12th April 2006 05:48 PM

Re: 商业.tv business.tv simplified chinese
 
All very good points, idnceo. And I probably would have taken it myself if I thought of it.

:)

idnceo 12th April 2006 05:56 PM

Re: 商业.tv business.tv simplified chinese
 
cmon guys, tell me your vote, say you think is crap or good, but the idea of appraisals rating votes was to hear votes of fellow IDNF members. ; )

R.Duck or Olney, what u think? a 2? i hope iptv also give it a boost in the years to come. But anyway im not dreaming is not good, but anyway tell me your vote, please to give me an idea.

note: i was complaining about a 3, but now i got a 10? why so high? im newbie but this is not a 10, i would say 5 or 6. Giant got a lot of 10s in chinese idns. Anyway thanks to the people who have gave me their opinion until now.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54