IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > Sedo

Sedo For discussion of Sedo's parking program.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2009, 09:39 AM

Sedo is an unknown quantity at this point
New Sedo contact for IDNForums

Hi,

My name is John Jacobsen. In response to inquiries from various customers and users on this forum, I will be here to represent Sedo on IDNForums.

I look forward to helping you with any questions or comments you may have. I am also looking forward to the continuing emergence and development of the IDN domain business!

Best Regards,

John

John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com
Old 27th January 2009, 10:29 AM
Banned

Miguel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Sedo contact for IDNForums

Welcome John!
Old 27th January 2009, 11:11 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Welcome John. We appreciate you coming over and to having the opportunity to get some input from members here about what we think is going to be a great wave of IDN interest. SEDO could be a great platform not only for sales but educating people about IDNs and providing information about the imminent idn.idn rollouts.
Old 27th January 2009, 11:15 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Welcome, John.

Any sort term plans form Sedo to include non-Latin IDNs on its sales platform;
Old 27th January 2009, 12:08 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Welcome, John!
Old 27th January 2009, 01:01 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

John, we have been bashing our heads against a wall with Sedo for the last 5 years.

If Sedo is in the remotest bit serious about IDN, which frankly it just hasn't been until now, it must make its platform fully IDN compliant. Until it does Sedo will remain a laughing stock amongst IDNers, and both we and you will be wasting our time entering into discussion.

Frankly, Sedo owes everyone here a big apology.
Old 27th January 2009, 07:56 PM

rofsjan is an unknown quantity at this pointrofsjan is an unknown quantity at this pointrofsjan is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome, John. It is good to see a Sedo-representative on the forum.

It would be an improvement if Sedo would make
it possible to bring out an offer via
"for sale"-links on non latin IDN's, parked at Sedo.
now those links are broken and
the following error appears when clicking on such links:
"There were errors processing your request:
Invalid call
Please correct your input"

The latin IDNs are supported, unfortunately it is not the case for non latin IDNs.

Last edited by rofsjan; 27th January 2009 at 08:06 PM..
Old 28th January 2009, 11:17 AM

Hey Everyone,

Thank you all for the welcomes! I am quit happy to be part of this forum and get the opportunity to collect your comments, suggestions and questions.

If there is anything that you wish to share with me regarding Sedo and don't want to post detailed information on the forum than feel free to email me at John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com.

Best Regards,

John Jacobsen
Old 28th January 2009, 11:21 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Correction:

Some Latins are supported. Mostly English from what I have seen.

Are you sure this is not just a BOT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofsjan View Post
welcome, John. It is good to see a Sedo-representative on the forum.

Invalid call

The latin IDNs are supported, unfortunately it is not the case for non latin IDNs.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Invalid call
Hey Rofsjan,

I would like to bring this up with our tech team. Would you have any examples of domains that are doing this. You can email me at John.Jacobsen@Sedo.com if you do not wish to post the domains.

Best Regards,

John
Old 28th January 2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
John, we have been bashing our heads against a wall with Sedo for the last 5 years.

If Sedo is in the remotest bit serious about IDN, which frankly it just hasn't been until now, it must make its platform fully IDN compliant. Until it does Sedo will remain a laughing stock amongst IDNers, and both we and you will be wasting our time entering into discussion.

Frankly, Sedo owes everyone here a big apology.

Hey RD,

We are seriously heading in the direction of IDN domain sales. We are currently limited with our IDN sales as we don't have the technical resources to support a proper transfer or sales listing. However, this will be different in the future! I will keep you updated with further developments.

Best Regards,

John

Last edited by Sedo; 28th January 2009 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: forgot signature
Old 28th January 2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Any sort term plans form Sedo to include non-Latin IDNs on its sales platform;
Hey Yanni,

We are currently working on developing our IDN platform so that we can support sales and transfers of non-latin IDN domains. Unfortunately, we don't have a deadline for this right now but it is a high priority project and I will keep everyone here posted with any news about it.

Best Regards,

John
Old 28th January 2009, 12:38 PM
Banned

Miguel is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down What's going on?

Q to SEDO:
I park a good ascii real estate name with SEDO. It gets 60+ clicks a day for $1 a pop. By the end of the month ppc falls to 10c.

I park a good idn phone name with SEDO. It gets 30+ clicks a day for $0.50 a pop. By the end of the month ppc falls to 2c.

What's going on?
Old 28th January 2009, 02:11 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: What's going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Q to SEDO:
I park a good ascii real estate name with SEDO. It gets 60+ clicks a day for $1 a pop. By the end of the month ppc falls to 10c.

I park a good idn phone name with SEDO. It gets 30+ clicks a day for $0.50 a pop. By the end of the month ppc falls to 2c.

What's going on?
Read the last comment here:
http://domainnameparkingreview.com/sedo/
Old 28th January 2009, 02:42 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedo View Post
Hey RD,

We are seriously heading in the direction of IDN domain sales. We are currently limited with our IDN sales as we don't have the technical resources to support a proper transfer or sales listing. However, this will be different in the future! I will keep you updated with further developments.

Best Regards,

John
Well last time I used Sedo you nearly turned a sale sour because you couldn't even Escrow a name I had sold myself. Worst of it was you diddled around for a couple of weeks in the middle of the transaction before admitting you weren't up to the job. It won't take much to improve on that performance.

I am afraid actions speak lounder than words. Show me some tangible progress and perhaps I start to listen.
Old 28th January 2009, 03:05 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedo View Post
Hey Yanni,

We are currently working on developing our IDN platform so that we can support sales and transfers of non-latin IDN domains. Unfortunately, we don't have a deadline for this right now but it is a high priority project and I will keep everyone here posted with any news about it.

Best Regards,

John
What puzzles me is the work you had to make it work with latin IDNs and NOT will all IDNs, that's a real hard to achieve tech stunt, if you ask me...
Old 28th January 2009, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
What puzzles me is the work you had to make it work with latin IDNs and NOT will all IDNs, that's a real hard to achieve tech stunt, if you ask me...
Yeah. THAT is pretty bizarre.
Old 28th January 2009, 05:46 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Well we had a $50 auction script at DNlocal that could handle any unicode domain you threw at it from listings to payments ...

I mean, how hard is it to change the charset from iso-8859-1 to utf-8?
And while I appreciate it may not be as simple as that surely it isn't beyond the scope of all those Sedo tech guys (What exactly do they do anyway?)

Take a leaf out of Namedrive's book .. They came here and asked us what we wanted, we told them, they implemented the suggestions and now they have the majority of IDN parking.
Old 28th January 2009, 06:56 PM
Veteran

Thinking about it, Sedo have some serious bridge building to do.

I am still smarting from giving them technical assistance on this one and then being told I would not be eligible for Sedo Pro.

I was further kicked in the teeth when they tried to insist that I issue VAT invoices for buyers after they had withheld identities for 2 or 3 years. Needless to say they got told to shove that where the sun don't shine.

I think I still need to be convinced that we are talking about trading with a Bone Fide outfit.
Old 28th January 2009, 07:00 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Correction:
Some Latins are supported. Mostly English from what I have seen.
Are you sure this is not just a BOT?
John is a bonafide representative from SEDO, he and I corresponded by email prior to his joining. He is genuinely interested in getting input from members and seeing how IDNs might get integrated into SEDOs sales business.

Give the guy a break, he is here to gather information and perhaps funnel that up the line at SEDO. His help could be a nice boost in kickstarting IDNs as they get mainstream and more and more domainers and end users see them as the future for various local languages. SEDO would most likely be the best platform for sales into the future, especially with their diverse worldwide audience that has a track record of paying good prices for top quality domains.
So jeez....let's not shoot the messenger...

Last edited by bwhhisc; 28th January 2009 at 10:21 PM..