IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2006, 01:46 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point
就业.com - (Employment.com)

This sales is for 48 hours only. Please post SOLD to claim.

就业.com - (Employment.com) - xn--vhq565a.com - $ xx,xxx

Simplified Chinese.

Google result 26,000,000

越南.com - (Vietnam.com) - xn--6kr576k.com - $ SOLD

Simplified Chinese & Traditional Chinese

Google result 6,410,000

珠海市.com - (Zhuhai City) - xn--7sty75awye.com - $ SOLD

Simplified Chinese & Traditional Chinese

Google result 3,300,000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuhai

红酒.com - (RedWine.com) - xn--um0as69a.com - $SOLD

Simplified Chinese.

Google result 1,680,000

绿茶.com - (GreenTea.com) - xn--ip0a79f.com - $ SOLD

Simplified Chinese.

Google result 2,060,000

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 16th April 2006 at 03:21 PM..
Old 14th April 2006, 04:47 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: 就业.com - (Employment.com)

Giant- does the 'city' sign work for all Chinese cities?
I know it is added commonly with Japanese city names, and seems to work with all of them...correct me if this is wrong. In English is only works for some....ie. "New York City", but NOT "Atlanta City" or "Dallas City" or "Miami City".

I have Chinese idns both with and without the city sign and was wondering what is proper, and which is preferable. Thank you.
Example:
珠海 .com or 珠海市.com -
Old 14th April 2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Giant- does the 'city' sign work for all Chinese cities?
I know it is added commonly with Japanese city names, and seems to work with all of them...correct me if this is wrong. In English is only works for some....ie. "New York City", but NOT "Atlanta City" or "Dallas City" or "Miami City".

I have Chinese idns both with and without the city sign and was wondering what is proper, and which is preferable. Thank you.
Example:
珠海 .com or 珠海市.com -
Yes, if it is a "city" then you can call it 珠海 or 珠海市, "city" sign works for all cities (not just sign, its legal name actually). In China, there are 3 types of "city" base on their administrative power. The Very Large Cities like Beijing, the Prefecture-Level Cities like 珠海 and County-Level Cities.

Conversationally, we tend to say the city name without 市, and we also tend to google the name without 市. So, for domain names, city names with 市 is about 1/5 of the value of the ones without 市 (my own estimate).

But since a city name could be a name of a mountain, a river, a park, or a business as well, so in writing and especially legal documents, we always write the city name with 市, its OFFICIAL NAME.

@

Last edited by Giant; 15th April 2006 at 05:33 PM..
Old 14th April 2006, 10:32 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Yes, if it is a "city" then you can call it 珠海 or 珠海市, "city" sign works for all cities (not just sign, its legal name actually). In China, there are 3 types of "city" base on their administrative power. The Very Large Cities like Beijing, the Province-Level Cities like 珠海 and County-Level Cities.

Conversationally, we tend to say the city name without 市, and we also tend to google the name without 市. So, for domain names, city names with 市 is about 1/5 of the value of the ones without 市 (my own estimate).

But since a city name could be a name of a mountain, a river, a park, or a business as well, so in writing and especially legal documents, we always write the city name with 市, its OFFICIAL NAME.
Whilst, we are on the subject, are Traditional Forms ever used for Cities within the PRC and if so is there any liklihood that they might be readopted?

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 14th April 2006 at 10:38 PM..
Old 14th April 2006, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Whilst, we are on the subject, are Traditional Forms ever used for Cities within the PRC and if so is there any liklihood that they might be readopted?
First, Traditional Chinese has been the original Chinese for China and overseas Chinese for a long time, we also frequently wote some characters in its sinple form for many centuries. In the 50s, China decided to adopt the simple form for everyday use, and standardized the Simplified Chinese for the convenience in writing. Had the computer been invented 30 years earlier, I think the simplification of Characters would not be neccessary.

Although Traditional Chinese are still used occationally in China like getting a new name for the a new building or making a new sign for a large business, the characters used everyday are all in their sinple form.

Since the interaction with Taiwan, HK and other overseas Chinese is getting more and more, more mainland Chinese are learning to write Traditional Chinese to do business with foreign companies. But still, the chance that a Chinese in China would use Traditional Chinese for city names online is very low.

Because of the influence of China and its huge population, I believe the world will use Simplified Chinese more and more, and the Traditional Chinese will gradually find their home in museum.

Yes, there could be a likelihood that China would readopt (in some way) the Traditional Chinese if the political atmosphere between China and Taiwan improves. I hope they would because I still LOVE Traditional Chinese.

@
Old 15th April 2006, 07:16 AM

yumi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yes, if it is a "city" then you can call it 珠海 or 珠海市, "city" sign works for all cities (not just sign, its legal name actually). In China, there are 3 types of "city" base on their administrative power. The Very Large Cities like Beijing, the Province-Level Cities like 珠海 and County-Level Cities.
珠海 is prefecture-level city,not province-level city.
Old 15th April 2006, 07:37 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, Giant. That ties in with my assessment of the situation, which is that there will eventually be a single Chinese written language eventually. The growth in global communication would seem to make that inevitable. I think you are correct that the simplified forms will be increasingly adopted, except for where for some specific reason the Traditional is preferred.

I have a little trouble understanding how some cities are comfortable with dropping hundreds and indeed thousands of years of history. I know the traditional forms are not greatly used at the moment, but I would envisage some making a come back and I think that some city names are a distinct possibility.

Quote:
First, Traditional Chinese has been the original Chinese for China and overseas Chinese for a long time, we also frequently wote some characters in its sinple form for many centuries. In the 50s, China decided to adopt the simple form for everyday use, and standardized the Simplified Chinese for the convenience in writing. Had the computer been invented 30 years earlier, I think the simplification of Characters would not be neccessary.

Although Traditional Chinese are still used occationally in China like getting a new name for the a new building or making a new sign for a large business, the characters used everyday are all in their sinple form.

Since the interaction with Taiwan, HK and other overseas Chinese is getting more and more, more mainland Chinese are learning to write Traditional Chinese to do business with foreign companies. But still, the chance that a Chinese in China would use Traditional Chinese for city names online is very low.

Because of the influence of China and its huge population, I believe the world will use Simplified Chinese more and more, and the Traditional Chinese will gradually find their home in museum.

Yes, there could be a likelihood that China would readopt (in some way) the Traditional Chinese if the political atmosphere between China and Taiwan improves. I hope they would because I still LOVE Traditional Chinese.
Old 15th April 2006, 02:45 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

It would never be re-adopted in everyday language - as it's more difficult to learn and takes more time to write traditional chinese characters - there are too many strokes.

Take for example:

Suzhou
Simplified: 苏州
Traditional: 蘇州

Guangzhou
Simplified: 广州
Traditional: 廣州

Shenyang
Simplified: 沈阳
Traditional: 沈陽
Old 15th April 2006, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi
珠海 is prefecture-level city,not province-level city.
Thanks, I changed province to prefecture. All province-level cities are actually Very Large Cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
It would never be re-adopted in everyday language - as it's more difficult to learn and takes more time to write traditional chinese characters - there are too many strokes.
You're right , not in everyday language. But there's still some room for Simplified Chinese to improve by adopting more the better part of the Traditional Chinese.

Quote:
I have a little trouble understanding how some cities are comfortable with dropping hundreds and indeed thousands of years of history. I know the traditional forms are not greatly used at the moment, but I would envisage some making a come back and I think that some city names are a distinct possibility.
They feel comfortable doing so because in their mind they did not abolish the Traditional Chinese, they think they still own the old writing but just prefer to use the simple form more in everyday language.

Yes, history is sometimes very cruel! :-(

@

Last edited by Giant; 15th April 2006 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost