View Single Post
Old 20th May 2006, 04:06 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: The Internet Splits Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Is the PR necessary? The story is how a small group of dedicated domainers have registered 85% of all the good domains in all of the world's languages while Newsweek's editors were posing rhetorical questions of who should get the rights to Farsi domains as late as May, 2006.
I think the story that has not gotten out is that the "parts and pieces" for IDN's coming into mainstream use are finally moving into place. I would also guss the number of people owning good idns would have to be number closer to the 1000 mark (just my guess) based on our looking at hundreds, if not thousands of whois over the last 6 months.

The mainstream use of idns will quite possibly take off by the simple laws of supply and demand. The biggest problem as I see it is lack of information about idns in general. I mean even a good 25% of domainers (based on poll from another forum) indicated they didn't even know what an idn was.