IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Site Suggestions & Feedback

Site Suggestions & Feedback We would like to hear what you think might make the site better or any feedback.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2009, 07:20 PM

Seraphim is a tad dodgySeraphim is a tad dodgySeraphim is a tad dodgySeraphim is a tad dodgy
Thread Edit Feature Gone

Greetings folks. Great forum you have here, been a lurker for some time. Quick problem, I'm trying to run a multi forum, multi domain sell here:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2125...owy(-)com.html

I need to be able to edit the original post as domains are sold, and new domains are added. Please advise.
Old 24th February 2009, 07:53 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Thread Edit Feature Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
I need to be able to edit the original post as domains are sold, and new domains are added. Please advise.
Hi.

you can't.

do what others do and post new domains/removed domains as a new post. Or ask a friendly mod to edit the original post for you <good luck on finding a friendly mod, most of them I hear are damn right obnoxious, with a sense of humor most people can't appreciate>
Old 24th February 2009, 07:55 PM
Semi-retired

interesting website in your sig
Old 24th February 2009, 08:27 PM

Seraphim is a tad dodgySeraphim is a tad dodgySeraphim is a tad dodgySeraphim is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
Hi.

you can't.

do what others do and post new domains/removed domains as a new post. Or ask a friendly mod to edit the original post for you <good luck on finding a friendly mod, most of them I hear are damn right obnoxious, with a sense of humor most people can't appreciate>
Hi Alphamale. Thanks for the info. I really enjoy this forum, but can't live without that basic edit function... in fact that's a complete deal breaker for me, I won't be able to post domains for sale here anymore because of it. The reason being is that obviously no one wants a domain they've purchased to be permanently locked into a sale thread, along with the sale price in plain view. The second issue is that when I decide to end the sale, I want to be able to remove all of the domains that didn't sale from public view. Not being able to do so is both a security concern and a major future resale problem.

A real bummer...
Old 24th February 2009, 08:34 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Hi Alphamale. Thanks for the info. I really enjoy this forum, but can't live without that basic edit function... in fact that's a complete deal breaker for me, I won't be able to post domains for sale here anymore because of it. The reason being is that obviously no one wants a domain they've purchased to be permanently locked into a sale thread, along with the sale price in plain view. The second issue is that when I decide to end the sale, I want to be able to remove all of the domains that didn't sale from public view. Not being able to do so is both a security concern and a major future resale problem.

A real bummer...
I (we) understand all that. As explained before and generally accepted by the majority, there is a very good reason why we don't allow editing.. I won't repeat it all again, but you can read it all here:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2114...r-dot-com.html

and as for your issue, like I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
ask a friendly mod to edit the original post for you
Old 24th February 2009, 09:18 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:

A real bummer...
Moderators will be happy to make reasonable edits to your sales threads, before, during and after the sale. '

This can including changing .com etc to (dot) com so the thread are not tracked by google, or other future domain buyers or sellers. We had a few too many issues with sellers changing terms, etc during sales and the majority here I would believe support our system. Again, just ask a Moderator to assist with changes...others do the same regularly and it has run smoothly.
Old 24th February 2009, 09:22 PM

Thanks guys, much appreciated. As I was telling Alphamale, I must have spent way too much time over at DigitalPoint, where the mods simply refuse to help with anything (with post editing, etc.). Still getting used to the fact that mods can actually help out... :D

Cheers