IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Development > Search Engine Optimization : SEO

Search Engine Optimization : SEO SEO techniques & discussion for IDN Domains.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th April 2006, 10:53 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point
How to do this ? mydomain.com/jp/ドメイン.htm

Hi!

as im trying to develop some domains i got this issue i wanna create an index like this mydomain .com/jp/ドメイン.htm but when i drag the file ドメイン.htm the mac application Fetch convert it on " ----------.html " so? where s the problem? my host or Fetch or me as a moron newbie? im developing on Dreamweaver but remember im a newbie, thats why i paid someone to develop for me, but anyway i need to learn so please tell me how to add this page ドメイン.htm to fetch so it can upload it and i can watch it on my website like this www. mydomain .com/jp/ドメイン.htm
Old 22nd April 2006, 01:12 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: How to do this ? mydomain.com/jp/ドメイン.htm

Don't use fetch or ftp.

Use http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/

If you use fetch, UPLOAD first, then try to RENAME it.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 22nd April 2006 at 01:40 AM..
Old 22nd April 2006, 03:46 PM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Don't use fetch or ftp.

Use http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/

If you use fetch, UPLOAD first, then try to RENAME it.
thanks! blast, ill try that program. until now im indexing on ascii instead of mydomain.com/jp/ドメイン.htm but as i try to emphatize the japanese language, i rather like people to see 日本語ドメイン.jp/ドメイン.htm on the URL that looks more idn than to continue with 日本語ドメイン.jp/domain.htm
Old 28th April 2006, 01:25 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
thanks! blast, ill try that program. until now im indexing on ascii instead of mydomain.com/jp/ドメイン.htm but as i try to emphatize the japanese language, i rather like people to see 日本語ドメイン.jp/ドメイン.htm on the URL that looks more idn than to continue with 日本語ドメイン.jp/domain.htm
You can get rid of Latin .htm and .html also by using apache rewrites and .htaccess or directly in the apache settings file.