View Single Post
Old 29th August 2013, 08:19 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road
afrikaans language tag registration

about 60% of my hand-regs were regged with the afrikaans language tag.

will this have any effect on activating IDN.IDN?

From my understanding the language tag is used to identify the proper variant table and thus create or not create variants of the domain.

This may have some consequences in practice in language such as chinese i believe or maybe even arabic not sure though.

For example i did some tests and i believe that a chinese domain regged with the proper chinese language tag will create and thus block the traditional or mixed/traditional/simplified versions.

The same domain registered with an afrikaans tag will not not use the chinese variant table and thus will not create and block the traditional or simplified versions.

which means that the holder of a simplified chinese domain with an afrikaans tag may not have the rights to the traditional version(unless they do a second registration) and vice versa.

i may be wrong, i have tested this only once and there may be other reasons for what i have observed.