IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Good sales of IDNs on DNjournal (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2170-good-sales-of-idns-on-dnjournal.html)

IDN.TV 18th April 2006 08:43 AM

Good sales of IDNs on DNjournal

This weeks DNjournal had 4 reported IDN sales.

"A pair of Arabic IDN domains sold at IDNForums.com where معلومات.com ("information" in Arabic) brought £2,000 ($3,538) and المعلومات.com ("the information" in Arabic) added £1,500 ($2,654)."

"Germany's .de racked up four. Two of those .de's were IDNs."

"IDN's continue to pop on this chart with regularity. #10 Nähen.de ("sewing" in German) at $2,422 and #13 Bahnhöfe.de ("train stations" in German) at $1,757, did the honors this time out."

This good news for all the fellow idners.

I am sure we will see a lot more next week.

Till then see ya and good nite, its 3:42 am in Louisiana.

Olney 18th April 2006 09:16 AM

Re: Good sales of IDNs on DNjournal

Yeah I've been trying to give people hints to buy based on what's popular or will be popular.
#19 AffiliateProgram.net

I'm glad I bought up all the good affiliate reliated domains I could think of..
Like AffiliateProgram.com in Japanese...

Rubber Duck 18th April 2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olney
Yeah I've been trying to give people hints to buy based on what's popular or will be popular.
#19 AffiliateProgram.net

I was just pleased we got another plug for IDNFs!

Olney 18th April 2006 10:15 AM

Well that's the too obvious part..

bwhhisc 18th April 2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fd99392
"A pair of Arabic IDN domains sold at IDNForums.com

I didn't even see that sale go down...maybe in private? Any details of buyer or seller? Congrats to all.

alpha 18th April 2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwhhisc
I didn't even see that sale go down...maybe in private? Any details of buyer or seller? Congrats to all.

I heard a rumour that the buyer was very handsome and even more modest. :rolleyes:

idnceo 18th April 2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale
I heard a rumour that the buyer was very handsome and even more modest. :rolleyes:

i guess those domains were your $7K wanted domains on the other thread. :rolleyes:

congrats to u, the seller and olney. it is good to see IDNF mentioned there.

Rubber Duck 18th April 2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idnceo
i guess those domains were your $7K wanted domains on the other thread. :rolleyes:

congrats to u, the seller and olney. it is good to see IDNF mentioned there.

Actually no, the seller was me and the deal had already gone down!

touchring 18th April 2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Actually no, the seller was me and the deal had already gone down!

This is good news for Arabic names. :)

Rubber Duck 18th April 2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touchring
This is good news for Arabic names. :)

Not just Arabic I suspect. It will probably rekindle a shift of focus away from the Far East. I would suspect that Russia will be back in the firing line, along with possibly Farsi and Hindi.

g 18th April 2006 01:14 PM

Congratulations Dave and Olney for the sales :)

thegenius1 18th April 2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olney
#19 AffiliateProgram.net

Congrats to all partys involved :) this is starting to get scarry payday is coming real soon !

Hey Onley i'll be happy with 7k for the Japanese Version of AffiliatePrograms.net , thanks for the headsup on it :)

Rubber Duck 18th April 2006 03:58 PM

Having studied this weeks reports and the year to date charts, I have noticed that for German IDN in particular Duke is having to pinch himself to remember to include the IDN comments. This suggests to me that he is subconsciously getting used to IDN, and no longer strongly feels the need to point out the difference.

I think in a couple of years the rest of the internet will follow suit and the terminology IDN will largely be dropped. For Japanese for example I would not expect words in Kanji or Hirigana to require anything more than the description Japanese, wheras transliteration I believe will probably be marked as Japanese Romanji. Similarly, with Chinese I think only Traditional or Pinyin will be referred to anything other than Chinese. Simplified Chinese will be the expectation and no further explanation than Chinese will be required or offered.

rhys 18th April 2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I think in a couple of years the rest of the internet will follow suit and the terminology IDN will largely be dropped. For Japanese for example I would not expect words in Kanji or Hirigana to require anything more than the description Japanese, wheras transliteration I believe will probably be marked as Japanese Romanji. Similarly, with Chinese I think only Traditional or Pinyin will be referred to anything other than Chinese. Simplified Chinese will be the expectation and no further explanation than Chinese will be required or offered.

I agree, that's probably true.