IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2009, 06:40 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Support or Ultimatum?

Make my day, Punk! :p

http://www.circleid.com/posts/200905...tion_of_icann/
Old 6th May 2009, 07:49 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Re: Support or Ultimatum?

This lady should have a lot of backing- I hope!
Old 6th May 2009, 12:57 PM

lipps is an unknown quantity at this point

Its odd to see that a member of a government agency is proposing another government to drop all control and hand it over to the locals.

Get real > I can see it now 3 drunk dudes in a .tc study group trying to regulate traffic on their laptop "root server" from the bar

I am sure there will be some increase in global participation but I dont think the US is going to release its security hold on internet regulations.
Old 6th May 2009, 02:17 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

The bottom line is that the US is not in a position to dictate. If they attempt to they are likely to get told to "Sling their Hook."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps View Post
Its odd to see that a member of a government agency is proposing another government to drop all control and hand it over to the locals.

Get real > I can see it now 3 drunk dudes in a .tc study group trying to regulate traffic on their laptop "root server" from the bar

I am sure there will be some increase in global participation but I dont think the US is going to release its security hold on internet regulations.
Old 6th May 2009, 08:01 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Old 6th May 2009, 08:26 PM
Veteran

Please do not promote Namepros here!
Old 7th May 2009, 04:26 AM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

I don't this will happen for 5 years unfortunately...

current Dept of Defense, National Security Agency, and Dept of Commerce public comments and
doc's indicate that the US is going to kick the can down the street for
5 to 10 years again..

maybe IP v6 is the true issue the pushes ICANN away from the Dept of Commerce contract to a UN oversight org....

Also, now that FBI/ Homeland Security and NSA all have dept's for cybersecurity, bureaucratic largesse and inertia is inevitable.
Old 7th May 2009, 05:48 AM
Veteran

As Emperors go, Obama is going to end up looking a lot like Robinson Crusoe.

If the US wants its own Internet, fine let them have their own bloody Internet. It is going to end up with a GDP about the size of Cuba shortly anyway. Unless you believe all this Stress Test Bollocks. We are not talking a permanent solution. What we are talking about is a down payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbe18 View Post
I don't this will happen for 5 years unfortunately...

current Dept of Defense, National Security Agency, and Dept of Commerce public comments and
doc's indicate that the US is going to kick the can down the street for
5 to 10 years again..

maybe IP v6 is the true issue the pushes ICANN away from the Dept of Commerce contract to a UN oversight org....

Also, now that FBI/ Homeland Security and NSA all have dept's for cybersecurity, bureaucratic largesse and inertia is inevitable.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:41 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
As Emperors go, Obama is going to end up looking a lot like Robinson Crusoe. If the US wants its own Internet, fine let them have their own bloody Internet. It is going to end up with a GDP about the size of Cuba shortly anyway. Unless you believe all this Stress Test Bollocks. We are not talking a permanent solution. What we are talking about is a down payment.
So you think the US and world economy is still heading due south?
My gut is 6 - 9 months heading southeast, then pretty much due east for 12- 24 months.
Very slow upturn after that and no significant growth for 4-5 years.
Old 7th May 2009, 07:20 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

My world view is simply different.

I look at US govt. policy and UN global policy as 2 separate agendas.

In my opinion, US govt. policy will not let the UN run global TCP/IP and DNS/BIND governance for the next 5 years at a minimum.

current depression aside for the moment...

US economic vitality or lack there of is not a leverage point for a Euro pol,
or a Chinese pol to push ICANN governance out the door just yet....

with regard to US-Cuban GDP equivalence....My desire for inexpensive Cohibas and Macanudos would be fulfulled at a modest cost finally...(grin).

If I am wrong in the next year or so....I will consider myself to be on the hook for a Montecristo to you David
Old 7th May 2009, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
So you think the US and world economy is still heading due south?
I'm afraid so Brad,

CRE collapse is still to come, and the Option ARM mortgage re-casts are JUST starting now. Millions of home owners are about to see their monthly payments increase 40-80%. Now is the worst time for that to happen.
Old 7th May 2009, 07:37 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
I'm afraid so Brad,

CRE collapse is still to come, and the Option ARM mortgage re-casts are JUST starting now. Millions of home owners are about to see their monthly payments increase 40-80%. Now is the worst time for that to happen.
Please stay quiet. I want to use this dead cat bounce to sell the last stocks I still have.