IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2009, 04:45 PM

lipps is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Keep or toss ?? One Characters

Several Languages Any thoughts would be appreciated

ѓ.net
վ.com
է.com
ㄚ.com
ґ.net
ђ.net
љ.net
њ.net
џ.net
ű.net
մ.com
é.ws
ơ.net
dž.net
ă.net
ď.net
ľ.net
ả.net
Ꮽ.com
上.biz
ń.net
ū.net
ɩ.com
Old 15th May 2009, 05:11 PM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer
Re: Keep or toss ?? One Characters

.biz & .ws - drop
Old 15th May 2009, 05:29 PM

Thanks
These are just a few of my one characters. A couple new but been pondering if to keep or not since they are Armenian, Macedonia and a few off the walls.
Just researching and finding that Armenia is working with EU now for reform. 4/2009 That shoud give a decent boost to the area financially.
Might be a good thing to keep them.?
Old 18th May 2009, 03:25 PM

blackops is an unknown quantity at this point

If the characters feature on any country keyboard then they are "keepers" in the .com. é.ws is worth a second look, but quite honestly, the .ws ext'n is the kiss of death for this name.
Old 20th May 2009, 09:26 PM

Most can be found on the regional keyboards for the area so in that respect it is a good thing
I know the .ws is one of the worst but this character was just too good to lose.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:47 PM

JamesZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps View Post
Most can be found on the regional keyboards for the area so in that respect it is a good thing
I know the .ws is one of the worst but this character was just too good to lose.
.ws will be buried among hundreds or thousands of new TLDs. No matter how good the keywords are, people can get them with some TLD. Why buy yours?
Old 21st May 2009, 06:53 AM

I will probably sell them as a group at some time
Considering é returns 412 million results I just couldnt let it go
I suppose if I owned e.ws I would keep that one as well.
Besides one .ws is not going to decrease the value of the other one characters in general.
Old 21st May 2009, 11:33 AM

blackops is an unknown quantity at this point

é.com is a beauty, and gets quite a bit of type in too... I have ó,,com and am thinking about turning it in to an Irish genealogy type site (ó means many things, in different languages, but in Ireland it means 'descendent of').

Single letter IDN's are going to have their day for sure so keep what you can, especially '.com'.
Old 21st May 2009, 01:55 PM

I really dont monitor the traffic on these domain. I suppose I should. I know I have the Polish N and it was getting somewhere around 100 to 1000 hits per month at one time.

Parking is not really good for these if you ask me. It really dosent justify the domains. All of the parked pages really are bland and users are getting smarter and realize what a parked page is. ADS.

I would really like to see a parking service that has some good pages. Something fresh with constant updates and quality text in the native language They just dont exist.

Namedrive and I dont see eye to eye it seems. I got booted about 3 years ago because I was working in IT for a very large corp. Users from that network woud visit the pages to see what I was talking about and I suppose too many visits from under one group of webservers is not in their best interest. No great loss to me.

Sedo. Dont get me started. I really like their staff. Some great people to work with, but for idn support its almost nill. They tell me they are working for greater language support but until they see the big bucks roll in, I am sure they are going to stay away.

What we really need to do is start up our own idn parking service, with an auction format. I really dont have the time or financial resources to do this, but it could be of value to anyone that decided to take on this task.

Here and in the other forums we are just selling between each other. Granted there are a few outsiders that take advantage of the forum auctions, but that is rare.

We really need to infiltrate the ascii market and reach the non idn forums. We need to post the big sales there to gain momentum and support.
Hell I wouldnt mind selling őőőőőőőő.com for a few bucks.

I know mini pages are the way to go but now life gets in the way of time.

Thats enough rant.

fell free to buy my domains for big bucks if you want. somebody is going to some day guaranteed.