Thread: Interesting Pic
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2014, 12:00 PM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough
Re: Interesting Pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1 View Post
I don't know what to think that why I inquired lol.
Right now, this image has a totally different meaning than when it was first posted. The diamonds are there, but we may have been using the wrong tools.

At some point, we need to look this monster in the eye, and recognize that our mistakes may be the best that we get out of this crazy venture.

Recent developments with PIR set a bad precedent. Possibly devastating.

New gTLDs are now available for general registration in Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Arabic and Hindi (possibly others, I can't keep track).

Reliance on Verisign has all but failed. There is no timetable for overcoming their current hurdles, and that time will create opportunities for the competition. Back in the day I'm sure you remember .ws and .biz names were considered "premium" by some. At this point, .com and .net are in danger of falling to lower-tiers because of Verisign's inability to negotiate ICANN's requirements in a timely manner.

There was no way to foresee this ten, five or even two years ago, but it seems that it's much easier to launch an entirely new TLD than to expand an established TLD into additional character set.

disclosure: I'm still buying .com and .net IDNs.