Thread: 深圳.com
View Single Post
Old 11th August 2014, 01:32 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: o

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn View Post
I'd have to humbly disagree. A lot of quality drops across most languages over the last two years. Many acquired for nominal fees and many not even backordered. Names that would have sold for hundreds or thousands in 08 or 09 are dropped now and hand regged, if that.
I would still venture that most are holding their better .com names, and many have dropped their .nets.

So wondering if anyone here is dropping their "top" .com names intentionally? (Defined as prime dictionary keywords that would be typical yellow page category headings- ie Autos, Real Estate, Credit Cards, Paint, Remodeling, Jewelry, Pets, etc. and geos......Top City Names in .com)

Wasn't long ago that members put up lists of good quality domains here for sale rather than drop them. Raymond was probably one of the more successful putting up some big lists from time to time, but probably hasn't in the last year or so. The amount names for sales here has dropped significantly IMO, mainly because of low prices, and the true quality drops at Snapnames are not significant in number.

I agree the native 'offers' have slowed but I don't sense the huge drops of IDN names, but then I don't watch the drops that much. Seems our 2006 "flippers" would jump back in the game and grab the drops and flip them for $15 to $50 here. Those were the days.

On total registrations, maybe Mulligan can run the .com and .net total numbers of registrations and we can see the trend over the last year. I think last two years that he reported on idn.com showed totals holding steady, or small growth. Must be some stats on 'dropped names' versus 'new registrations' would shed some light.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 11th August 2014 at 06:02 PM..