IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 域名

域名 Discussion for Chinese IDN domain names. Chinese domains include .cn, .com, & .net.
This section is for discussion only Please do NOT post Chinese domains for sale here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:46 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Just lost a .cn domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackops View Post
China <insert>government</insert>has spoken, and it has said ".cn"!
for the record I don't care either way. I wasn't brave enough to get either in any quantities that matter.
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:49 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Its pretty obvious the Chinese government would "push" .cn over .com. Why? One simple word. Control.

And no, I'm not saying whether that makes .cn or .com more valuable. Arguments both ways on that one!
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:48 PM

blackops is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits View Post
You put things in an absolutely ridiculous way. It was you that was first saying my post was ridiculous while I was only talking about some truth.
Hmm, absolutely. You appear to forget though that this thread is a formal record of what you have actually said, not what you think you said or would like to have said.

Quote:
I refuse to be quoted by you next time. Fair enough?!
Yes, of course. I'm just sorry that you've not been able to consider the simple facts, rather than getting all 'het up' and frustrated.

Quote:
As a Chinese (Mainland Chinese citizen, to be more accurate), I am proud of .cn, perhaps more than anyone else here.
"Promoting idn.idn (.中国) is like trainning a baby to run". I'm not sure what 'trainning' means, but if you mean 'training' then you certainly are not proud of .cn. For, idn.idn IS .cn and a statement like the one you gave shows your disrespect for China's national domain!

Quote:
And I won't discuss anything further with you before you start show some respects to others. Fair enough?!
Respects?! You may well mean 'respect', but again you surely have no idea what this word means. You say you are Chinese, and so there may be some English words you don't understand very well; perhaps you're frustrated at not knowing English very well and this causes you to vent your anger on others?

In any event, I am more than happy for you not to respond to me anymore, in fact I would prefer that... so please don't do it :-)
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:56 PM
Semi-retired

@blackops check your PM
Old 23rd June 2009, 01:17 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

You are absolutely behaving like a kid. Yes I did have some typos in my post, but show your Chinese skills to me, show your understanding towards Chinese domains to me. Fair enough?

It was you that got frustrated at my post about some truth, even though it was apparantly not against you. You apparantly have something wrong.

Do not quote me. Don't you understand English?
Old 23rd June 2009, 01:20 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Well said

Last edited by markits; 23rd June 2009 at 01:27 PM..
Old 23rd June 2009, 01:22 PM

Too many posts

Last edited by markits; 23rd June 2009 at 01:27 PM..
Old 23rd June 2009, 01:30 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Do I get a prize for spotting a thread that is about to be closed?
Old 23rd June 2009, 01:34 PM

there are more important things in life.

Last edited by markits; 23rd June 2009 at 02:30 PM..
Old 23rd June 2009, 02:00 PM

there are more important things in life.
Mods, please remove all my posts in this thread, including these quoted by blackops. Thanks.

Last edited by markits; 23rd June 2009 at 02:32 PM..
Old 23rd June 2009, 03:57 PM

No hard feelings Markits, I genuinely wish you well.. but I would like to hear from other idn'ers out there who do want to comment on what this thread is actually about.

Thanks,
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:45 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by phio View Post
Just to clarify, the domain did break the rules...
How do you tell the domain breaks the rules? Even people at CNNIC have difficulties deciding which domain is too sexy and which one is not.

性.cn [sex], 性趣.cn [sex fun], 阴茎.cn [penis], 性爱.cn [sex], 裸.cn [naked], 裸体.cn [naked or nude]... + many more are all taken.

These domains are all too sexy in my opinion, but they're still allowed. Why not yours?

Why can't you just disclose the domain you lost?

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 23rd June 2009 at 09:52 PM..
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:17 PM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

您请求的中文域名 色情小说.cn 尚未注册或不可达。您可以点击这里了解域名注册信息或点击这里注册此域名。
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:28 PM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically if a keyword or phrase has 800,000 or more monthly searches in China, I'm interested. But NOW I check it in Baidu, to see if (IMAGE) results come up, if not, I won't bother registering the .cn, because if Baidu doesn't like it, CNNIC probably doesn't like it either. Lesson learned.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...BoqGtAOk__CoCQ

Last edited by phio; 23rd June 2009 at 10:41 PM..
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:31 PM
Semi-retired

lol i have that in com if you want it phio (trad) and it's looking like its variant blocking the simplified
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
  您请求的中文域名 色情小说.cn 尚未注册或不可达。您可以点击这里了解域名注册信息或点击这里注册此域名。
I don't understand why they allow 情色小说.cn but don't allow 色情小说.cn.

情色小说 and 色情小说 are basically the same thing. people in HK, Taiwan and overseas tend to say 色情小说 while mainlanders 情色小说.

It doesn't make any sense!

Write a letter to CNNIC to ask for an explanation.

@
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant View Post

情色小说 and 色情小说 are basically the same thing. people in HK, Taiwan and overseas tend to say 色情小说 while mainlanders 情色小说.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will seriously think about writing them a letter. And if the domain changes hands, I will absolutely write to them.

I think there must be a fine line between allowable and not allowable.
Old 24th June 2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I think there must be a fine line between allowable and not allowable.
Agreed. Of course, the domain should not change hands at all but a letter from them, explaining their decision making process, would be worthwhile and interesting...
Old 24th June 2009, 11:02 PM

JamesZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant View Post

It is better back up your statement with facts.

Baidu SERPs: "情色小说" 141,000 "色情小说" 11,000,000
Baidu Index: "情色小说" 5233 "色情小说" 19720 (for the season)

Google.cn SERPs: "情色小说" 760,000 "色情小说" 3,530,000
Google Trends (in China): 情色小说 0.68 色情小说 1.00

It is clear that 色情小说 is used much more often than 情色小说 in China. CNNIC may simply ignored the alternative way to express 色情小说. The data may contain websites in HK and Taiwan, but that should not change the overall picture.

This is really common sense in China.

phio, you'd better save your time in writing the letter.
Old 25th June 2009, 06:14 AM

Kid, you are too young to know the history of Chinese words!

We Overseas Chinese don't say 情色小说, but mainlanders do.

The mainlanders use 色情小说 more and more because of the influence of the movies, videos, books and magazines from Japan and overseas. The captions on erotic movies and videos are all in Traditional Chinese and dubbed mostly in HK.

Just like real estate terms 楼市, 买楼, 按揭 and other fashional terms 买单... are so popular in China now that people don't even know they are actually imported words from overseas.

When I say Overseas Chinese tend to use 色情小说 or Traditional Chinese, I don't means 色情小说 or Traditional Chinese belong to the Overseas Chinese only. 色情小说 or Traditional Chinese were used in China long before most mainlanders can even remember.

@