IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Name News

Internationalized Domain Name News Recent IDN related News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2006, 05:38 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
People's Daily Report on IE7

Quote:
Microsoft showcases IE7.0 browser
UPDATED: 17:12, April 21, 2006

Microsoft showcased the IE7.0, a new browser that fully supports Chinese characters.cn.

IE7.0 is the most popular web browser in China, therefore the support of Chinese domain names is of significant importance. Other web browsers had enabled support to Chinese character domain names prior to this. The joining of IE7.0 means the coming of an era in which the Chinese character based domain names will be used widely.

According to the regulations about domain name issued by Ministry of Information Industry, the form of top-level domain name in Chinese characters is "Chinese character.cn". Before IE7.0, users using IE browsers must input "http://chinese chareacter.cn". With IE 7.0, they will only need to input "Chinese character.cn" to access a web page.
http://english.people.com.cn/200604/...21_260185.html
Old 21st April 2006, 06:01 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: People's Daily Report on IE7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle

Nice research. Better let the numpties know as well!
Old 21st April 2006, 06:05 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Which domain are they talking about?
Old 21st April 2006, 06:13 PM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
According to the regulations about domain name issued by Ministry of Information Industry, the form of top-level domain name in Chinese characters is "Chinese character.cn". Before IE7.0, users using IE browsers must input "http://chinese chareacter.cn". With IE 7.0, they will only need to input "Chinese character.cn" to access a web page.
i love these patriotic guys from the Ministry of Information Industry and their comments, thats the news i love, teach about IDN.cn to teach about idn.com irrelevant information to their eyes
Old 21st April 2006, 06:15 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
i love these patriotic guys from the Ministry of Information Industry and their comments, thats the news i love, teach about IDN.cn to teach about idn.com irrelevant information to their eyes
That's fair enough. It is not their job to promote dot com, but they won't need to. The word will hit the street soon enough.
Old 21st April 2006, 06:28 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Nice research. Better let the numpties know as well!
Actually I have my brother to thank for finding this. About the numpties, are you sure they can handle it? Their little minds may explode. Are they ready?
Old 21st April 2006, 06:38 PM

Quote:
That's fair enough. It is not their job to promote dot com, but they won't need to. The word will hit the street soon enough.
ha ha he just bothering a little as usual about .cn, but cmon i know well mr. duck about .com, but u really should find a job with Verisign to promote the advantages of the .com versus cctld to newbies like me
Old 21st April 2006, 06:42 PM
Veteran

Quote:
ha ha he just bothering a little as usual about .cn, but cmon i know well mr. duck about .com, but u really should find a job with Verisign to promote the advantages of the .com versus cctld to newbies like me
Well they are becoming blatantly apparent to new wave of would be Internet Millionaires that have just invested in dot EU. That will keep most western speculators out of ccTLDs for some time to come, I would think!
Old 21st April 2006, 06:43 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Actually I have my brother to thank for finding this. About the numpties, are you sure they can handle it? Their little minds may explode. Are they ready?
Numpties? There are numpties? OMG!
Old 21st April 2006, 06:43 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

We all know the advantages of .com versus .cn in terms of traffic and vice versa.

As with Japanese names, there's always a difference between end user market and speculator/PPC market.

To an end user, .中国 will be a solid marketing point. Similarly, if .jp ends up with .日本, it will have that extra advantage.
Old 21st April 2006, 06:48 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
We all know the advantages of .com versus .cn in terms of traffic and vice versa.

As with Japanese names, there's always a difference between end user market and speculator/PPC market.

To an end user, .中国 will be a solid marketing point. Similarly, if .jp ends up with .日本, it will have that extra advantage.
I am not totally anti dot jp or dot cn. I think I am in profit on dot jp, but the market there is not spectacular. I have yet to sell a dot cn.
Old 21st April 2006, 06:49 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I am not totally anti dot jp or dot cn. I think I am in profit on dot jp, but the market there is not spectacular. I have yet to sell a dot cn.

You have yet to sell a dot cn because the speculator/ppc market goes for .com due to price/ease of transfer and traffic reasons.

I've gotten myself some .gongsi which i intend to offer to end users once IE7 becomes mainstream. .Uk and .De has given us some clues to the future of .cn and .jp.

I think the domain aftermarket in Asia - irrespective of development status - is still quite far behind the West - "virtual property" is still an allien concept to many Asians. It will change in the future though.

Last edited by touchring; 21st April 2006 at 06:59 PM..
Old 21st April 2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Well they are becoming blatantly apparent to new wave of would be Internet Millionaires that have just invested in dot EU. That will keep most western speculators out of ccTLDs for some time to come, I would think!
Nah, they still think that their enlish.cn and english.in are going to make them rich.
Old 21st April 2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
i m newbie. i dont know anything.

anyway now that .eu is mentioned, .eu is what? tld? cctld? in the middle? i also read they approved .asia so ctld -continental tld-?
Old 21st April 2006, 06:58 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Nah, they still think that their enlish.cn and english.in are going to make them rich.
Well the EnglishASCII.cn is not quite as bullish as it was, EnglishASCII.In though has to be a sure fire thing doesn't it? I mean these kids learn English at the breast don't they?

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 21st April 2006 at 07:08 PM..
Old 21st April 2006, 07:02 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Well the EnglishASCII.cn is not quite as bullish as it was, EnglishASCII.In though has to be a sure fire thing doesn't it? I mean these kids learn English at the breast don't they???

The Indian economy has taken off and everything from the stock market to real estate is rosy. Both englishascii.in and hindi.com idns will also benefit.
Old 22nd April 2006, 04:09 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

IE7.0 is the most popular web browser in China? Are they shipping the beta pre install already?

Old 22nd April 2006, 08:05 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

No. Someone probably got a tense wrong. IE 7 isn't being widely distributed yet. Bugs are actively being addressed and features being completed as we type.
Old 22nd April 2006, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
fuck! what a lovely screen! i want it!!! i also got a cinema display for my powermac but that is absolutely nothing, awfully ugly compared to that beauty! where can i buy it?
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:46 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
No. Someone probably got a tense wrong. IE 7 isn't being widely distributed yet. Bugs are actively being addressed and features being completed as we type.
Sorry, I missed you post. Sometime I get the feeling you are a lot closer to Microsoft than you let on.

Anyway, what is clear is that, is that the significance of IE 7.0 to China is clear, and that clarity is not lost on the Chinese themselves.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 22nd April 2006 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost