IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:19 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation
JAPANESE .COM DOMAINS ARE CHANGING A MARKETING CULTURE

Hello Gang,

This might be an article different from any of the articles you’ve read before about domaining.

I’m honored to be able to get this information in front of you, because it regards a decade of strategic planning by one of my clients. Their story is fascinating for true domain investors and online marketers with an international focus.
++++++++++++

I don’t know if the rest of you get this feeling being in the domain business, but many times I consider myself an adventurer circa 15th century sailing across strange oceans searching for new trade routes, cultures and societies to discover.

I have the innate understanding that with new trade can come untold benefits for everyone. This ultimately leads me to clients outside the domain industry with unusual but intriguing ideas of the value of their domains. Few are feasible, but those that are, amaze me. Any domainer can explore and benefit from these same discoveries.

Six months ago, I came across one of the most exciting clients I ever had the fortune to meet. They showed me domains that rivaled the topics of the biggest domain sales in the world, listing a variety of domain brands and generics that I thought were remarkable. However, I had to spend time analyzing and researching them to understand how to interpret those values because they were in another language. It didn’t take long to see my client had domains that sat on the fringes of where “normal” high values of domains rested, mainly, romaji .COMs and some of their CO.JP domains (an honor and expensive to own) and some killer IDN’s.

http://www.successclick.com/japanese...re_2009_07_03/
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:47 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: JAPANESE .COM DOMAINS ARE CHANGING A MARKETING CULTURE

yeah I saw this posted earlier, it seems he has a partner who is big into Romaji domains and also a little into IDN.

I left a comment like 10hrs ago.. I guess it got "lost", never mind, it's in the cache still

Old 3rd July 2009, 11:17 PM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

My advice to him is to try to sell his english.com's now. Even if they represent or sound like Japanese words.

どうもありがとうございます
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Another domainer noob that's got it wrong in so many ways.
Old 4th July 2009, 12:26 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Actually thinking about it, this guy has probably seen the writing on the wall for the value of his Romanji domains and this is a last-ditch effort to sell them for anything above registration cost, before IDN.IDN kills his dream.
Old 4th July 2009, 01:09 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAPANESE .COM DOMAINS ARE CHANGING A MARKETING CULTURE
At the time, Lance spoke with a considerable number of his relations in Japan, and every one of them told Lance that the Internet was not and will never be too important for “us Japanese”, in that, they all believed that the Internet was more of a trend or a fad, than an important development or an event that would lead to a paradigm-shift in society.

This is funny. I've never met anyone in Japan who thought Internet was just a fad. It was obvious to everyone that Internet was only to grow over years.

Perhaps he was talking to old Japanese who had never even tried using Internet.
Old 4th July 2009, 03:15 AM

sbe18 is on a distinguished roadsbe18 is on a distinguished roadsbe18 is on a distinguished roadsbe18 is on a distinguished roadsbe18 is on a distinguished roadsbe18 is on a distinguished road

saw this , this morning....

yeah......last ditch attempt to pawn off romaji domains...

but I can't lambast the effort.....
ginza.com or nihon-whatever.com 's will probably go on for 50 years +++

I spent a $1000 or so on romanji dot com's and pinyin before really focusing on IDN's and this forum....

all drops.......all considered self-education investment essentially.....

Steve