View Single Post
Old 11th November 2016, 04:05 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough
Re: U.S election results

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1 View Post
What country do you reside in ?

What we know about how President Trump will govern is nothing: he's been a total chameleon on every issue from abortion to minimum wage to ISIS.

The only thing he's held steady on is trade (and outlandishness): he's an isolationist, which we haven't had in my lifetime (I'm 40). We'll see how that works out after a generation of open borders for capital.

A considerable number of women and minorities have taken this as a sort of referendum on sexism and bigotry, which I understand, but it leaves out a good number of decent people who were just voting for the candidate who said what they wanted to hear economically, and the one they felt was more believable. Not every Trump voter is a racist/misogynist/bigot. People vote what they think will help their checkbooks. I believe President Trump will be more socially liberal than candidate Trump.

There are a thousand reasons he won, but disinterest in enriching himself isn't one of them. I supported HRC, but I sincerely believe that Trump could be the best Republican president since T. Roosevelt.

That is, of course, a pretty low bar, but he surprised just about everyone at some point during his campaign; who's to say he won't during his presidency?

...Or in 20 years we could all be living in either Trumpland or Putinistan.

Last edited by clipper; 11th November 2016 at 04:08 AM..