Thread: Emoji Domains
View Single Post
Old 1st November 2017, 12:52 PM

andre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished road
Re: Emoji Domains

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
I think some apps/browsers apply IDNABIS instead of IDNA2008, in order to properly “support” a larger spectrum of strings. If you investigate the diff between the 2, you might find some additional codepoints that are handled differently (i.e disallowed in 2008 for security/stability reasons). I am not sure, but I think I remember Unicode having two sets of Kana, one full width, the other half width. Great way to spoof
IDNBIS was the name used whilst a revised version of IDNA2003 was being developed. The finished spec was named IDNA2008.

https://www.icann.org/resources/page...-2011-09-02-en

Actually, I did not know what BIS meant so I looked it up on wikipedia and found this definition: "Bis is a Latin prefix or suffix designating the second instance of a thing"

So now it makes perfect sense. IDNABIS is a 2nd version of IDNA2003. The finalised IDNABIS was renamed IDNA2008.

Halfwidth Katakana are in Unicode at U+FF66➜FF9D

André 小山 Schappo