IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2009, 05:14 PM

RussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished road
Sometimes I love SedoPro.com

Just got $5.31 click on this Russian name ЧастныеОбъявления.com - which means "personal ads" - but not only relationship related - this term in modern Russian language includes all ads placed in any media by private individuals (in opposite to businesses, groups, organizations etc.)
Old 25th August 2009, 06:56 PM

cdehoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sometimes I love SedoPro.com

Which country's users?
Old 25th August 2009, 06:59 PM

RussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdehoo View Post
Which country's users?
I checked Sedo statistics - here is what is showed:

Visitor Origin
Time Period: (since inception)

Russia 66,7 %
United States 11,1 %
Germany 11,1 %
Australia 11,1 %
Old 25th August 2009, 09:37 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

But that won't make up for all the $.01 and $.00 clicks you will get the rest of the year.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
But that won't make up for all the $.01 and $.00 clicks you will get the rest of the year.
that's might be true - we'll have to see about that, though I've never seen $.00 clicks on Sedo. maybe they just don't show them in statistics report?
Old 26th August 2009, 06:27 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianDomainer View Post
that's might be true - we'll have to see about that, though I've never seen $.00 clicks on Sedo. maybe they just don't show them in statistics report?

Sedo Pro has 0.02 USD or 0.02 EUR minimum PPC, depending on your registration address. This can be good for traffic that doesn't pay much, e.g. Turkish. The problem with Sedo is that they stopped showing adult ads in all of Germany, and France and Turkey were also not looking too good.

Thus, I make more with Turkish adult traffic at ND, even with their 0.005-0.01 USD per click for Turkish traffic than I do at Sedo Pro with their 0.02 EUR per click, because ND shows adult ads that visitors actually click on.

I've also had multiple 7.50 USD clicks on domains at Sedo Pro, but in the end the monthly average for the portfolio was not enough to keep me there. I think a lot of folks, and I think Sedo also hopes this, will be sold hook, line, and sinker with the occasional super-high click. I wasn't.
Old 26th August 2009, 02:51 PM

Before I post my further comments about my SedoPro experience I wanted to post this fresh information appeared in my Sedo account just few days ago - dated August 21st, 2009:

Payment changes on quality PPC traffic

High quality traffic is typically natural, type-in traffic from countries with high levels of online advertising activity (e.g. US, UK, Northern Europe) in a highly commercial and competitive product category. A very small percentage of total traffic monetized at Sedo does not meet this criteria but we have traditionally boosted the PPC rate paid by our upstream ad provider to a minimum amount per click, as a service to our clients.

As part of Sedo’s ongoing commitment to best practice in traffic quality assurance and our focus on rewarding clients who send us high quality, high performance traffic, we will no longer be offering this subsidy for traffic that is not rated as such by our upstream ad providers. This change was implemented to more accurately represent true click-value in the small lower-quality segment of overall traffic, while increasing the available revenue stream for clients who deliver high quality traffic.

Should you require further information on PPC pricing or how you can ensure your portfolio’s quality, please visit our website or contact your account manager.
Old 26th August 2009, 03:29 PM

comparisons

1. Since that change on Sedo Payment policy - I see a lot of of $0.01 clicks now in my stats - while in the past the most common click pay was $0.03.

2. Maybe because some other of my names, which according to Sedo "bring quality traffic" started to get paid higher - my overall average PPC grew from $0.04 to $0.05

3. My average PPC for this year - starting 01.01.2009 is $0.04 - which is 25% higher than average PPC paid by NameDrive to another owner of portfolio of Russian IDNs - a portfolio which is better in quality than mine - he gets $0.03 on average and that's my major turn-off, of course.